Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2009, 09:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Firefox wont save page settings

Its getting really annoying, I have to log into every site every time, I have to answer several questions I can never remember each time I try to do online banking even though I told it to authorize this computer.

It remembers the passwords and usenames, just not that I told gmail to stay logged in for example. I'm getting close to just uninstalling and then reinstalling but I have 200 tabs which I cannot close. Is there an easier solution to this? I tried deleting specific file or 2 as some of my google results recommended but it didnt change anything
Old August 11, 2009, 09:41 PM
Allstar

why can you not close those tabs....?
Old August 11, 2009, 09:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you close it it should prompt you to Save and Quit.
Old August 12, 2009, 12:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

Eh I'll just bookmark them all and then uninstall or something similar

the reason I can't close the tabs is that they are all very random sites for research I am doing and I don't want to have to find them all

to the next person: yes. I have firefox doing that automatically and it is not the problem
Old August 12, 2009, 07:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Its getting really annoying, I have to log into every site every time, I have to answer several questions I can never remember each time I try to do online banking even though I told it to authorize this computer.

It remembers the passwords and usenames, just not that I told gmail to stay logged in for example. I'm getting close to just uninstalling and then reinstalling but I have 200 tabs which I cannot close. Is there an easier solution to this? I tried deleting specific file or 2 as some of my google results recommended but it didnt change anything

200 Tabs open at the same time how much memory is firefox using, crash waiting to happen.
Old August 12, 2009, 10:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

1.5gigs, gotten it up to 2 once, trust me you do not want to go to the place where I am, I'm thinking of just getting 8 gigs of ram for firefox alone
Old August 12, 2009, 02:34 PM
Allstar

when you have that many open tabs...how do you even find what you're looking for? at least you can use tags with bookmarks.

ps. it SHOULD be fine if you restart it. some sites are more finicky with page settings than others
Old August 12, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am not sure of what you are actually trying to do. are you getting pissed because you have to sign into everything again or what is going on?
Old August 13, 2009, 04:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

meh, bookmarked everything, backed up bookmarks, uninstalled firefox, reinstalled firefox, reinstalled all addons, and everything works like its suppose to now.
Old August 13, 2009, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
If you close it it should prompt you to Save and Quit.
thanks so much for useful info

comparatif simulation taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la prise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prÍt automobile donne.comparatif simulation taux pret auto