Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2009, 04:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Firefox 3.7

Everybody loves firefox, right? Check out the new theme!

Copy and pasted from the wiki.

Vista/ Windows 7

• Embracing Glass: Toolbar and Tabs using Glass. Buttons translucent and slightly glossy to meld with the toolbar. Raised 3D lookachieve tactile "feel".
  • Page Button: Connect the Page button to the left side of the tab area. Directly connected to the Page.
  • Tools/Bookmark Bar: Connecting the Tools button to the side of the Window to emphasize the fact that it is used for customizing and changing the UI. Adding a button next to that to toggle the Bookmarks Bar which is turned off by default.
XP

Like the theme? Download it now!
Download Mozilla Firefox 3.7 Mockup Theme NOW - Tweaking with Vishal

It looks pretty good, IMO. I'm using it now. There is a little bit to do to set it up though. I assure you, it is worth it.
Old August 5, 2009, 06:50 AM
MVP
F@H

Hmmm...not sure about this theme. I like the buttons and the tabs I'm just not sure about moving the FILE-EDIT-VIEW menus. It won't really change my usage since I use keyboard shortcuts for everything but for someone like my parents, they'll have a hard time finding what they want.

EVGA 680i SLI Motherboard $80 + Qualitas 73GB 10k SCSI $30
Old August 5, 2009, 07:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you use Firefox right, you won't have a need for FEV! I rarely use bookmarks either because it's always in my history.
Old August 5, 2009, 08:06 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
If you use Firefox right, you won't have a need for FEV! I rarely use bookmarks either because it's always in my history.

At this point in time I must have over 500 bookmarks and I'm paranoid of losing them so I have a backup program back them up to a USB drive daily. I can't imagine not having them.
Old August 5, 2009, 08:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Cool me likes! But ya, what's with everyone jumping on this band wagon of moving the menu?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old August 5, 2009, 08:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDogZero View Post

At this point in time I must have over 500 bookmarks and I'm paranoid of losing them so I have a backup program back them up to a USB drive daily. I can't imagine not having them.
If you use Opera, you can save those bookmarks in Opera Link, and they'll always be on your account. (Yes, I use both. )
Old August 5, 2009, 09:21 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
I agree. My parents don't

EVGA 680i SLI Motherboard $80 + Qualitas 73GB 10k SCSI $30
Old August 5, 2009, 09:32 AM
Allstar

With firefox you can use the xmarks plugin that backups your bookmarks and passwords (if you want) to their server. I love it as I can sign on with my computer, laptop etc and everyone will have up to date bookmarks

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old August 5, 2009, 09:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
If you use Opera, you can save those bookmarks in Opera Link, and they'll always be on your account. (Yes, I use both. )
I think there is a few services like this for FireFox and IE, I just like having it locally saved and once in a while I upload a bookmarks.html file to my online storage just in case (I told you I was paranoid ).

Quote:
Cool me likes! But ya, what's with everyone jumping on this band wagon of moving the menu?
Is it moved or hidden, I have a couple addons that autohide the file menu, bookmarks toolbar and the status bar until you hover the mouse over them.
Old August 5, 2009, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDogZero View Post

Is it moved or hidden, I have a couple addons that autohide the file menu, bookmarks toolbar and the status bar until you hover the mouse over them.
I think it is moved? Not 100% sure as I don't have this update yet. But judging by these comments... it looks like FF moved them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1mezzo View Post
Hmmm...not sure about this theme. I like the buttons and the tabs I'm just not sure about moving the FILE-EDIT-VIEW menus. It won't really change my usage since I use keyboard shortcuts for everything but for someone like my parents, they'll have a hard time finding what they want.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE