Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24, 2009, 05:54 PM
Allstar

Default NCIX Wish warning, please read!

Ok, so I may be screwing myself a bit here but I just wanted to warn everyone about a couple things.

1: Check to make sure everything is in your cart. My stuff keeps dissapearing for some reason so I took a screenshot and posted it with my wishlist. I would hate for someone to loose out because of something stupid like this.

2: Due to #1, I had to re-add everything. I noticed that prices have changed on quite a few items (mostly higher) so make sure you haven't gone over. Not sure if the cart keeps the original price you had it at.

Best of luck to everyone and if I managed to save someones ass I expect to be compensated properly

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old July 24, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure about the first part but the second part about the prices , I don't think it matters if the prices change up or down after you do your list because from what I read and sort of still remember is that the prices of the items you pick are from the time when you made the list
Old July 24, 2009, 06:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

I'm not too worried about the prices on mine, I just ended up switching my list again At least the cost dropped on a thing or two since I threw my Revision 1 up
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old July 24, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I didn't see anything in the rules about having the items in the NCIX shopping cart.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...n-contest.html

Nice of you to watch out for yer fellow HWC'ers though, Nodscene
Old July 24, 2009, 06:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Neither did i, i think some people are a little paranoid because Gav refers to the wishlist as a shopping list
Old July 24, 2009, 06:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

Can't blame people for being paranoid and wanting to avoid disqualification for $2000 worth of free toys :)
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old July 24, 2009, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've checked my list, and the rules about a million times... just to be sure.

Think I'll go check again...
Old July 24, 2009, 07:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No more posts trying to help people follow the rules. Spoiling your chances at winning

It's rather interesting to see how much prices have flucuated though. For example, the Vertex 60GB is down a fair bit.
Old July 24, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Definitely appreciate the heads up Nodscene - today is in fact the last day to do it.

Don't worry about having the items in your shopping cart. The winner will be sent what they posted in their thread - the cart it is just a handy way of quickly and easily tallying your total.

Also, if the person drawn has more than $2000 on their list due to price fluctuations, they won't be denied. They will definitely be offered a chance to rectify it, or offered an alternative of some things that would bring it down to the required amount.

If someone has blatantly disregarded the rules of the contest and knowingly gone over the budget (Made a $3,000 wishlist, or used all surprise specials from the previous 2-3 sales) the entry may be deemed invalid however. However it is still handy to update your list to make sure you could get what you want if you win, rather than having to settle for an "equal value item"
Old July 24, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can't wait The winner ( MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME) will be sent what they posted in their thread I feel young again young like a Child on Xmas Eve. now hopefully when the draw is done I don't feel like the Child with a piece of coal in his Stocking