Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2009, 08:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default Sysprep Questions

Alright, so I got Norton Ghost Solution 2.5 and I know want to make a sysprep image of Windows XP. But I want to make it "universal" meaning that I can push this image on any computer and it will find the drivers right away, with Office 2003 installed.

What I want to know, is how I can "infuse" drivers into the Windows XP installation. I, previously, made a Automated Install CD with a bunch of DriverPack, but those works with a specific installer (sort of a 7-Zip Extractor Package). So, all I want to know is how to included the most drivers in my Windows XP so that I can push it on any machine and "BAM" ready to go.
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old June 18, 2009, 10:09 AM
Allstar
F@H

I guess I should ask that question to Software Canucks!
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old June 18, 2009, 12:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I believe SysPrep is more for storing the image on a Windows Server with Windows Installation Services and the images you make are multiple ones for each variant of hardware. Seeing as typical corporations only have a limited set of machines they use, it's rather easy.

As for making it universal, I don't believe imaging is the way to go. You'd be better off learning the Unattended XP install tricks and doing it that way. It's simple to integrate in those Driver Packs (which you've found apparently) and integrating in software installers isn't overly difficult either.
Old June 18, 2009, 12:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I believe SysPrep is more for storing the image on a Windows Server with Windows Installation Services and the images you make are multiple ones for each variant of hardware. Seeing as typical corporations only have a limited set of machines they use, it's rather easy.

As for making it universal, I don't believe imaging is the way to go. You'd be better off learning the Unattended XP install tricks and doing it that way. It's simple to integrate in those Driver Packs (which you've found apparently) and integrating in software installers isn't overly difficult either.
Already did the unattended CD and works perfectly. What I need now, is to push this on 30 other computers, and not of them are the same (maybe 10 - 15 are ...)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX