Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19, 2009, 08:44 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Ditto to what everyone else has been saying. I installed Win7 on my new build a month and a half ago, and I love it. Can't find a single thing to complain about, and I haven't had a single thing not work. That includes Diablo II for me, too. Plus it's free for now, up until March next year. Although I know I'm going to forget about that, and I'm going to be annoyed as hell.
Old June 19, 2009, 09:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

For some reason, when I enable Aero in Windows 7, FPS drop 20-30% and brushes start to lag in Photoshop. Basic theme works better but windows leave trail when moved, like ghosting.

It's been like that since January beta and now with RC.
Old June 19, 2009, 01:15 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

It's been working perfectly except for a sudden problem with Fallout 3 crashing that just started this week. I don't know if it's Win7 since it had worked so well before and I haven't done any updates recently, and I don't think it's my set of mods since they've been stable for about a month. Beats me. Works great with every other game though, even older ones like the previous Fallouts and Call of Cthulhu.
Old June 19, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovine.baron View Post
It's been working perfectly except for a sudden problem with Fallout 3 crashing that just started this week. I don't know if it's Win7 since it had worked so well before and I haven't done any updates recently, and I don't think it's my set of mods since they've been stable for about a month. Beats me. Works great with every other game though, even older ones like the previous Fallouts and Call of Cthulhu.
what is crashing the OS or the game? check and make sure that your Drivers are up to dat.

I have to admit that even though win 7 is almost /just at Beta it is a really good OS compaired to vista this OS is really good I have been using it for only about 3 weeks and the only problems I have is with my Xonardx audio card but I am not sure if it is the card or the drivers for the card I just don't use the card right now I use the on board sound. it does use allot of ram just like vista it uses when I am sitting here idle 15% of my 8gb ram but this isn't tweaked at all so I could probably get it down to around 8-10%.
I haven't had any games crash yet mind you I have only been playing D2LOD and KOTOR
Old June 20, 2009, 08:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
what is crashing the OS or the game? check and make sure that your Drivers are up to dat.
Yeah, I updated my drivers once I noticed the frequent crashing, but it still went on. It's just the game, by the way. Only time I've had Win7 go out on me was on a bad CPU overclock that was prime stable but FAH wrecked it even then, it went into hibernate instead of shutting off completely so my stuff was still there. Anyway, FO3 has stopped crashing since; I guess it's becasue I was playing Operation: Anchorage and it wasn't playing nicely with my other mods.