Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default I am geting BSOD when ever I install Xonar dx drivers

I am using a windows 2003 and for some reason when I try to install my Xonar dx audio drivers everything starts to install until the actual install of the driver itself then I get a BSOD and the dump happens I reboot and no problems but of course the Xonar dx card isn't listed , I have dual boot with Windows 7 and the card is working perfectly with windows 7 is there other drivers I can try?
I just retried and discovered that it is the cmudaxp.sys file that is giving me the BSOD.

Last edited by Shadowmeph; June 6, 2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old June 6, 2009, 11:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Do you have the Audio service enabled? It's disabled by default.
Old June 6, 2009, 03:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Do you have the Audio service enabled? It's disabled by default.
I am not sure what you are talking about but I can use the on board sound ( my gigabyte Motherboard sound) just not my card I can't install the driver
Old June 6, 2009, 05:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I am not sure what you are talking about but I can use the on board sound ( my gigabyte Motherboard sound) just not my card I can't install the driver
Well I guess it's enabled then. I know in Server 2003 Enterprise, under Administrative Tools> Services, the Audio service is disabled by default so you cannot get any sound unless you enable it.

I guess C-Media drivers just don't like Server 2003 (since after all you aren't supposed to have a sound card in a server).