Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2009, 08:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

args. one day late. il pay somebody for a windows vista ultimate 64bit key, if they happend to get an extra?

Q9550 E0 stepping @ 4Ghz
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
G.Skill pc2 8500 1066mhz RAM
Corsair TX750 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500gb and Seagate 500gb in RAID 0
Western Digital 250gb
Antec 1200
OCZ Vendetta 2 LGA 775 CPU cooler with bolt thru kit
XFX HD5970
Steelseries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
Samsung 305T 30 Inch 2560x1600 LCD monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers, Sennheiser HD215's, G35's
Steelseries Xai Laser Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old June 3, 2009, 11:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

well... tho even with technet i think you get limited activations
Old June 3, 2009, 11:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It was fun while it lasted.. I still got 30 XP keys lol.
Old June 4, 2009, 05:26 AM
Allstar
F@H

I got 30+ random keys, all versions of Vista since the key thing was in such bad shape it would randomly spit out keys for certain ones and a few 2003 server keys. I forgot to get Office and other apps though.

Old June 4, 2009, 11:02 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Got what I needed but not sure if MS will negate these keys or not. Not sure if they want to admit to a mistake. Loaded Vista 64 yesterday and the key was good.

E8400@3.0Ghz - Gigabyte EP45 UD3L - OCZ 4GB PC2-8500 DDR2 - Sapphire 5750 512MB - 5 Seagate HD 500GB - Plextor 712A DVD-RW - CM HAF 922
Old June 4, 2009, 11:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

C&P From another forum.

TechNet Plus temporarily offline for pilot group
Thank you all for your wonderful interest and energy around the TechNet Plus Pilot Study. We have halted recruiting for the TechNet Plus pilot program after having reached our quotas for all intended markets. Unfortunately, one of the study participants posted the TechNet Plus registration link on a public blog in direct violation of the terms and conditions agreed to at the start of the study and for membership in ITAC.

The TechNet Plus links have been deactivated. The TechNet Plus site is currently offline for study participants while we mitigate the issues resulting from this situation. Please bear with us.

We need to remind everyone on ITAC and in the TechNet Plus study that participation in the portal and the various research studies/pilot programs launched on ITAC is governed by terms and conditions that prevent the sharing of proprietary study information with outside entities. All of you are privy to private, non-public and proprietary information while on ITAC and we are sorry to say that sharing information presented to you by Intrepid or our clients, is in violation of the agreements that each one of you signed upon entering.

Again, we are grateful for everyone's participation and enthusiasm, this situation has just served as a reminder to us all.

Kindest Regards,

Intrepid ITAC Team

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Old June 5, 2009, 04:16 AM
Allstar
F@H

I guess all those keys are going to get blacklisted. Download from Technet yesterday? You're a dirty pirate, says MS

Old June 5, 2009, 08:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterd View Post
I guess all those keys are going to get blacklisted. Download from Technet yesterday? You're a dirty pirate, says MS
Seems reasonable. MS has all your information and which keys were given to each person. Not that hard for them to blacklist all the keys. Though I suppose if you dodge updates, it might be fine.
Old June 12, 2009, 08:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Copy of a email I recieved today.
Quote:
Microsoft contracted with us, Intrepid Consultants, Inc, to conduct the TechNet Plus Pilot Study program research and manage the activities of the pilot study. Our records show that you have recently signed up for a free TechNet Plus subscription through a registration link that was made available without authorization on a public blog.

The registration link is part of a proprietary study and the party that shared the information was in violation of the terms and conditions to which they agreed to participate in the study. Membership to the Pilot study is limited and all members of the program are required to first meet survey requirements and then complete tasks and assignments over a two month period in order to qualify for and have access to the free TechNet Plus subscription. Since this was a privately conducted pilot study, at no time was it ever intended that a free TechNet Plus registration link would appear on a public internet site, which was done in violation of the terms to which participants agreed upon registering to participate in the pilot study.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but for this reason, we have deactivated your subscription, as well as all other subscriptions resulting from the unauthorized publication of the TechNet Plus Pilot Study program registration link on a public blog. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Intrepid Consultants Team

If you are interested in a TechNet Plus subscription, please follow the link to purchase: Buy, Renew or Upgrade Your TechNet Plus Subscription
Old June 12, 2009, 08:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I got that too. Damn, I think the keys will be blacklisted.