Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2007, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Angry Moduslink madness!

This damned moduslink! every time i get to the page where they ask for my address I fill it out and hit next, but it keeps returning me to that page as if my info is incomplete (although it doesn't give me any reason). I have checked my info a thousand times and tried a gazillion ways to enter it just in case, but I still can't get to the next step. And to make it worse, every time I try, my redemption code gets locked for 24hrs, si I can't restart the process for another day. Does anyone know anything about this issue?
Old January 4, 2007, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well- I looked around the web and found a phone number for moduslink. I called it and waited on hold for a half-hour and a semi-concious fellow finally answered and told me that some canadian customers have been having the same problem-- he took my address (I had to spell my first name four times- it's greg) and said someone would be emailing me to tell me the next step-- I'll post again when I find out how this goes.

for anyone else having troubles, the phone number is 1-800-817-5602
Old January 9, 2007, 07:57 AM
Top Prospect

sorry to hear your troubles; hopefully they follow-up and get your upgrade info. emailed to you.
Old January 15, 2007, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

These people are unbelievable! 2 weeks and nothing back, so I tried emailing the help line again, and did hear back-- hilarious! here's my request and here's their response for you amusement.

ME: "Hi-- every day I log on to the vista ugprade site to try to
claim my free upgrade but when I get to the page where I
have to enter my address, I do so but it keeps returning me
to that page when i hit 'next'. I have checked the info a
thousand times and I'm sure I'm not missing any imformation.
I emailed two days ago but haven't heard back yet-- please
help me out. -Greg"

THEM:"Dear Customer,Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program.In order for us to better help you please include your full address.

Regards,Upgrade Redemption Center"

WTF!?!?!?!?
Old January 30, 2007, 10:22 AM
Rookie

Default Looping Personal Information -Moduslink

Did you get this looping issue fixed?
Old January 30, 2007, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No- I've retried many times but I think I've got to call them again. I just dread another 45 min wait on hold, followed by another unintelligible conversation with a troglodyte who probably won't help me-- I'm going to do it in the next couple of days anyway- will keep you posted. Have you had a similar problem?
Old January 30, 2007, 10:01 PM
Top Prospect

Ugh, I feel your pain man. That absolutely sucks :(

But so does Vista. ;-)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.20GHz, ASUS P5K Premium WiFi-AP, OCZ 8GB PC2-6400, EVGA GTX 285 1024MB
Seagate 500GB, 750GB & 1TB, Pioneer 22x ODD, Corsair 1000HX, Thermalright Ultra-120, CM Storm Sniper
Dell 2408WFP 24", ASUS Xonar Essence STX, Ultrasone PRO 750, Gentoo Linux (KDE 4.4, 2.6.32 Kernel)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter

Profiles: Last.fm | Xbox Live | Steam
Old January 31, 2007, 06:52 AM
Rookie

Default Looping Issue when using Moduslink

Yes, I have had the same problem. I called yesterday (Jan 30) and the rep told me that Microsoft was coming in to review the problem with the website. I tried again this morning...same looping issue. I tried to call the 1-800-817-5602 and I am getting a busy signal. I hope they are working on this issue. Does anyone have a number for Microsoft issue. Where did you get your OEM copy of MS Windows MCE 2005 (or other version)?
Old January 31, 2007, 08:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I dont know what version of Vista you have but heres a Link just select your OS version, link to the right page and there you go.
Hope it helps.:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 31, 2007, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have mce05-- got it with my system from NCIX- ordered the system on dec4, recieved it on the 12th

It's too bad you're having the same issue, but I'm glad to find that I'm not alone, and that there might be a fix forthcoming.

I'm still not clear on exactly which version of vista I'm entitled to-- I have heard that I will get Home Premium with both the 32 and 64 bit disks, but the Moduslink site seems to imply that i will only get the 32 bit. Do you know?

Last edited by Babrbarossa; January 31, 2007 at 09:38 AM.