Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2007, 07:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I called back again today and waited for 25 minutes, but the guy who answered was markedly more coherant than the last fellow. He actually entered my information for me there- he said that the reason I was having trouble is that there were two words in the name of my town "Upper Gagetown"-- he shortened it to Gagetown and it worked - it's actually a different town about 20 minutes away, but the postal code will get it here. Apparently the system is very picky (no ****).

On the down side, I was disappointed to learn that I would only be getting the 32 bit upgrade istead of the 32 and 64 bit versions that I thought I would get. I understand that the 32 bit version wil be more backwards compatable, but I'm worried about DirectX10--will this work on the 32 bit, or do you need 64 bit?

edit: I've gotta laugh-- the joy of having the issue resolved has faded in the last few hours somewhat, and I've been reflecting on how the customer service guy smugly said to me "I just did it with no problem" after me telling him that I've tried a hundred times to enter my information into the website. As if to say that I should feel stupid for not realizing that I had to change the name of the town where I live in order for their stupid funking software to accept my address-- grrrr

Last edited by Babrbarossa; February 7, 2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old February 8, 2007, 12:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

So what happens if you live in New York, San Fransisco, Los Angelos, etc.....?

Since folks are already coding for directx 10, I'm pretty sure that its got no problems with 32 bit as I doubt there are enough folks out there with working 64bit drivers to fill a couple of school busses let alone sell games to..... :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old February 8, 2007, 01:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

"Since folks are already coding for directx 10, I'm pretty sure that its got no problems with 32 bit as I doubt there are enough folks out there with working 64bit drivers to fill a couple of school busses let alone sell games to..... :)"

Thanks! Um-- yeah it seems pretty obvious when you put it that way
Old May 24, 2007, 03:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default More madness

Since my last call where I thought I had it made, I have gone through a series of further emails and calls, but I have finally made it to the coveted "Order Approved" status, although I'm no longer sure what that means. I did receive an email, though, on April 28th saying that my order was approved, but that if I hadn't received it yet, I HAD TO contact them by MAY 1ST!! or else- so I guess I am lucky i check my email regularly. I did hear back a week later saying to allow four to six weeks delivery, so we'll see what happens.

Needless to say, I can't possibly say enough BAD things about moduslink, and will take evry opportunity to drag their bad name in the dirt. Here's an article from the inquirer relateding their similar experiences with moduslink.

Where is our Vista upgrade?

No show five months after release

By Dean Pullen: Thursday 24 May 2007, 11:25

CONSIDERING THE widely held belief that the Microsoft Vista upgrade program has been an utter mess, we decided to test the system's abilities ourselves.
Whilst not particularly desiring Vista on our lovely Sony Vaio, we thought it best to sign-up to the programme in order to not only see how long the process took, but also in an attempt to get whatever we could out of Microsoft. It should be noted that Microsoft refused several times to supply this hack with any form of Vista since its release, stating that too many copies have already been sent out, which we're pretty sure is the best way to approach PR with the press over such a critically received product. Nice one guys.

more from the inquirer
Old June 3, 2007, 12:55 PM
Top Prospect

i just thought i'd let you guys know. i bought my asus laptop back in january and registered at the time for the upgrade. just got it last week. at least they didn't bill my cc until they shipped it...
2 x Sapphire HD 4870 1GB
SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum
2 x WD1500ADFD RAID 0
4 x WD5000AAKS RAID 0+1
Tt Armor Aluminum Tower
Enermax Galaxy 1000W DXX
DELL 2405FPW, 1905FPW
Old June 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah- glad you dredged up this thread- I've been meaning to update that I FINALLY got my coupy a couple of weeks ago.