Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2009, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Windows 7 reboots when put in hibernate

I like hibernate, it means I dont have to close anything and everything is still intact and saved when I return, so any advice on making this work would be very appreciated as well. Worked in vista so I am not quite sure why it isnt working in 7
Old May 14, 2009, 02:20 PM
Top Prospect

Are you using a docking station?

Panasonic Toughbooks
CF-18, CF-19, CF-29, CF-31, CF-52GUN

ThinkPads
X301, A31p

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you're not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!
Old May 14, 2009, 02:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

this is my PC, so no I do not think so
Old May 14, 2009, 02:52 PM
Top Prospect

Had to ask. There are ppl other than me that are running Win7 on laptops.

So it never did work in Win7, or does not work now? I have not tried hibernate, but I will put the hdd w/Win7 back in the laptop and give it a try. I'll let you know what happens, later.

Panasonic Toughbooks

ThinkPads
X301, A31p

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you're not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!
Old May 14, 2009, 03:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

I actually have W7 on 1 PC, 1 Laptop, and 1 Netbook, it seems its just the PC that it doesnt work on though. And no, I cant remember it ever working on this install, it did work before I did another format and reinstall.
Old May 14, 2009, 10:16 PM
Top Prospect

Well, I put Win7 back in one of the XPS and have no problem with hibernate, whether docked or undocked, plugged in or not.

So, out of a laptop, a netbook and a tower, the tower is the only one that will not hibernate. Not being able to reproduce the problem myself, I need detail about the problem. What does it do, or not do? Did you do any changes in the BIOS before, or after the format and re-install?

Panasonic Toughbooks

ThinkPads
X301, A31p

Old May 14, 2009, 10:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

nothing changed in bios, only a few programs/games installed, nothing that should trigger this
Old June 9, 2009, 06:42 AM
Trial Member

Default This worked for me!

I dont now exactly what the problem was but this is what i did. I went crazy and turnd of "Allow this device to wake the computer" under "Power management" on every device that had it.

By the way i'm using Windows 7, but i hop it will help you in vista.
Attached Images

Old June 9, 2009, 06:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johancn View Post
I dont now exactly what the problem was but this is what i did. I went crazy and turnd of "Allow this device to wake the computer" under "Power management" on every device that had it.

By the way i'm using Windows 7, but i hop it will help you in vista.
That typically fixes sleep/hibernation. I find that it's mainly the mouse though.