Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 10:42 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 179
Default installing windows 7 through mounting software?

is it possible to install windows 7 without burning it to a dvd? like using daemon tools or other similar programs?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 10:51 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,575
Default

nope.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 10:52 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 179
Default

k, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 07:19 PM
JD's Avatar
JD JD is offline
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,876

My System Specs

Default

This however works better than DVDs:

HOWTO: Install Windows Vista from a high speed USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Windows Live

Works for 7 too, same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 07:44 PM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,054

My System Specs

Default

I installed the RC build on my wife's eeepc by extracting the iso to a 8GB sd card. Works like a charm.
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 07:51 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,575
Default

Guys installing to a sd card or usb key isn't what he's asking.

Tho they are alternatives.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 09:11 PM
BT!'s Avatar
BT! BT! is offline
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Muskoka
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Guys installing to a sd card or usb key isn't what he's asking.

Tho they are alternatives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanken123 View Post
is it possible to install windows 7 without burning it to a dvd? like using daemon tools or other similar programs?
just because he added "like daemon tools or other similar programs" doesn't mean he wasn't asking about other options like sd or usb key... he asked if it was possible to install without burning it to dvd, so yes.. it is. lol
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 09:12 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
just because he added "like daemon tools or other similar programs" doesn't mean he wasn't asking about other options like sd or usb key... lol
Then be specific.

Sheesh. :P
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 09:14 PM
BT!'s Avatar
BT! BT! is offline
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Muskoka
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Then be specific.

Sheesh. :P
he was.. lol.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old May 5, 2009, 09:19 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
he was.. lol.
No he said no to dvd and other programs

He didn't state means :P
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any benefits of installing Windows 7 64 bit vs 32 bit? HoTiCE_ O/S's, Drivers & General Software 20 November 5, 2009 04:35 AM
Installing Windows Vista to a SATA3G hard drive Mr. Gruntsworthy Storage 19 October 6, 2008 09:50 PM
Installing windows, SATA prob miggs78 Troubleshooting 12 September 5, 2008 05:44 PM
Problems installing Vista (missing windows\system32\hal.dll) iv:xx Troubleshooting 10 April 9, 2008 06:52 AM
Installing Windows Vista.... Supergrover Off Topic 6 June 26, 2007 02:31 PM