Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2009, 07:41 PM
Banned

Default Webdesign software

Hi , I'm using net Object fusion 8, but since I update on Vista, I have few bug, I try thier trial version 10 and same problem, So I will like to know what webdesign software are you using that work well with vista, What I like most of Net Object is the ease to create menu

thanks
Old May 2, 2009, 08:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

You might not like this recommendation, but start using notepad... I code both my CSS and my HTML/XHTML by hand using it.

Wysiwyg's are not the way to go if you want to learn, and have clean, lean code.

One piece of software that I find great though is AceHTML (formerly WebExpert): definitely not a wysiwyg though, but a great help to speed up your coding if you know most of your tags.

Cheers!

Old May 2, 2009, 08:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
You might not like this recommendation, but start using notepad... I code both my CSS and my HTML/XHTML by hand using it.

Wysiwyg's are not the way to go if you want to learn, and have clean, lean code.

One piece of software that I find great though is AceHTML (formerly WebExpert): definitely not a wysiwyg though, but a great help to speed up your coding if you know most of your tags.

Cheers!
100% agree.

Learn raw code first.
Old May 2, 2009, 09:30 PM
Banned

Thanks for the reply......

Yes I don't like I learn some HTML 5 or 6 years ago. but I don't have the intention and the time do learn other stuf..... ( I learn a lot of computer language in my 20 than it's useless now 20 - 30 years latter ) I want to make a simple website . I was using 2 years ago Front Page and very happy with it, I switch to NOF and was happy also under XP,

But in the time I post and now, ( 1 or 2 hour, I finally found the problem with my error, ( thanks google ) so I can enjoy NOF in Vista, I will still have a copy on a XP computer in case..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
You might not like this recommendation, ......!
Old May 2, 2009, 11:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Dreamweaver CS3/CS4 is about all I'd suggest using.

Though like others, best to learn the languages. Dreamweaver's code view helps you out though which is what I usually use for convenience.
Old May 3, 2009, 11:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

There's lots of sources on the net to learn about CSS and XHTML as well as some good books too. Dreamweaver is an excellent bridge to learning to code by hand while having some nice WYSIWYG features.

I am all for hand coding but using notepad to do it is like o.0 ... Trying to debug code with 100s of lines of all black, unformatted syntax is an exercise in pain.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old May 3, 2009, 11:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
There's lots of sources on the net to learn about CSS and XHTML as well as some good books too. Dreamweaver is an excellent bridge to learning to code by hand while having some nice WYSIWYG features.

I am all for hand coding but using notepad to do it is like o.0 ... Trying to debug code with 100s of lines of all black, unformatted syntax is an exercise in pain.
Notepad++ with syntax highlighting and line numbers ftw.

sheesh.
Old May 3, 2009, 11:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dreamweaver can be useful as you can see the code displayed there and make changes to it at will...

Great for learning with. That's about as far as I got lol.
Old May 4, 2009, 12:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
Dreamweaver can be useful as you can see the code displayed there and make changes to it at will...

Great for learning with. That's about as far as I got lol.
You can do the same thing with firefox and web developer plugin
Old May 4, 2009, 10:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Notepad++ with syntax highlighting and line numbers ftw.

sheesh.
Than I think you should have mentioned that in your first post. Because telling some newbie to "just use Notepad" for coding may lead them down a road they'd rather not go. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You can do the same thing with firefox and web developer plugin
Yup agreed the FF plug-in is pretty helpful for dissecting pages and messing with CSS etc... but I still think it's a good idea to use something like DW for learning to design your own pages and code on your own. But I know it's not for everyone. Works well enough for me though.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE