Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh so no one thinks that ms will use this to push higher price home editions and yes i got a little rambling on the last post
Old April 1, 2009, 07:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

LOL!! What a useless topic. Honestly, do you feel better now that you vented? If you hate Microsoft so much then STOP USING THEIR SOFTWARE!!!!
Old April 1, 2009, 07:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

PS: I have re-activated my Vista key so many times I could not possibly count. Takes a whole 5 minutes out of my life. I just don't see the reason ANYONE has an issue with this and activation.
Old April 1, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

if everytime i wanted to start my toyota i had to call theme. and no i dont hate them i am just think that the fair user right ( like if i buy a piece of 400 to 800 dollar software i should be able to install on more then one machine i have heard rumores that windows 7 ultimate will have more then one machine install)
and my point about nettops at staples and future shop is when i have to answer a million silly questions in a year or so about how they can only run 3 programs because they bought windows basic edition that came on there machine just seems like overkill to me
Old April 1, 2009, 07:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Same goes for Vista Starter Edition. It has the same application limit. So you're kind of late in complaining, nor do these Starter editions ever see the light of retail.

It's exclusively used in developing countries. Not developed ones.

And I don't believe this will be running on our netbooks. I'm pretty sure we'll have Home Basic or Home Premium on them since Ultimate (Beta 7000) runs fine on my mom's Aspire One.
Old April 1, 2009, 07:33 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Like gingerbee I don't like the idea of activation either as I feel I own the software I buy. However, I don't own it I license it. Activation is the way of the future so I stopped worrying about it.

Application limiting is not something I am worried about, as I don't think MS is going to use that method to screw us....yearly subscriptions, on the other hand...
Fold for team #54196