Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Question... what is it about something like O&O that makes it worth paying for it, as opposed to the plethora of free defraggers out there, such as JK or Auslogics?
Nothing.

O&O can do scheduled defrags or boot time defrags which personally really offer no benefit as you don't need to defrag THAT often unless you are removing HUGE files off your hdd on a regular basis.
Old April 2, 2009, 08:55 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I found another one which I am going to try out for now because it's also FREE. It's Smart Defrag.
Old April 6, 2009, 02:57 AM
MVP

For those of you that use O&O Defrag. What defragmentation option do you use? Stealth, Complete Name/Modifed or Access? Which option is the best?
Old April 6, 2009, 02:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Programs like O&O and Disk keeper can run a normal on demand defrag, and boot defrags, but they will also run in in the background and use down time to defrag the drives. I run the Stealth setting, I don't know if it is the best though.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop