Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   ReStart Problems (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/16298-restart-problems.html)

Spikemaul March 29, 2009 12:19 AM

ReStart Problems

Hey Guys, I've encountered this problem with Vista. When I go to the start menu and try to restart my comp it doesn't restart it just turns off.:censored: What's going on with that? It just started doing it yesterday. How do I fix the Problem? Thanks in advance.

gingerbee March 29, 2009 05:20 AM

check feature under advance under settings you can go through you screen saver right click your destop go to personalize then screen saver now at the bottom of the screen that popped up go to change power settings there are many feartures under there that let you change power settings (hope it helped)

Spikemaul March 29, 2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbee (Post 171274)
check feature under advance under settings you can go through you screen saver right click your destop go to personalize then screen saver now at the bottom of the screen that popped up go to change power settings there are many feartures under there that let you change power settings (hope it helped)

Thanks, but I tried that already with no luck. I've got more problems now too. Whenever the comp turns off I have to reset CMOS then go into Bios and set everything again just to get the computer to boot into windows. I think I'm going to have to take my comp to a professional as it's very frustrating and I already have anger issues and the comp might end up getting a sledgehammer through the side of the case.:censored:

aviduser March 30, 2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikemaul (Post 171363)
I think I'm going to have to take my comp to a professional as it's very frustrating and I already have anger issues and the comp might end up getting a sledgehammer through the side of the case.:censored:

At some point I'm sure everyone wants to do this to their computer.

YouTube - Office Space - Going away present

Shadowmeph March 30, 2009 01:31 PM

this is a total guess but I have read it on other sites with people having the same problem and this apparently fixed it
go into into Bos and disable boot from usb that is of course if it is enabled . to me it doesn't make any sense but then again it is vista

tyreman March 30, 2009 02:01 PM

Well disabling the usb won't fix that
its recommended you don't do that actually.
if you use usb devices and sticks
but hey its not my machine.

3.0charlie March 30, 2009 02:07 PM

Is it overclocked.

Spikemaul March 30, 2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie (Post 171830)
Is it overclocked.

I had it OC'd but it isn't anymore and it's still acting up. I also have no power to the usb ports on the front of my case. There's still power to the usb's on the back because I have my mouse & keyboard plugged into them. I'm away from home until thursday evening so I won't be able to try anything until then.

3.0charlie March 30, 2009 05:48 PM

Next time load the fail safe settings, then save and reboot.

What was your overclock? State all your hardware too.