Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I used a different w7 disk and got back into repair manager and although the wizard did nothing this suggestion worked! Now the only prob is I cant get into XP now lol. How do I add that back? Something like edit boot.ini?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Try using the command prompt in the recovery options and do "bootrec /fixmbr" and then "bootrec /fixboot" (Without the quotes, of course). That's how I fixed my MBR for Vista when I had GRUB, so I'm pretty sure it'll work.
Old March 17, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Got it Easy BCD helped me. FYI for anyone tryin to figure this out check this page :)

How to dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7 (XP installed first)
Old December 18, 2009, 10:25 PM
Trial Member

Default Similar issue.

I have a similar issue. I dual boot with Ubuntu and Win 7 and it worked well up till a few hours ago. Now when i pick windows on the boot list it just goes to a black screen with one blinking while line in top left corner. I tried the repair console that was suggested earlier and the first line bootrec/fixmbr worked but bootrec/fixboot didnt. Talked about not a valid os detected or something like that. All i have is my Win 7 install cd. Can anyone help?