Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2007, 05:08 PM
Rookie

Default Aero glass icon and show desktop icon

Hello all. Have a slight issue but nothing serious and life threatening..Anyways i have Vista Home Premium installed. Now in Xp i was used to having my quick launch located at the top of my screen. So testing and tweaking i accidentally deleted my quick launch..no biggie i recreated it put it in the respective folder however now i am missing the show desktop icon and the aero glass icon. I have since thrown the xp tweak to recreate the show desktop icon. My question is i have searched and searched for this issue and keeps defaulting to the windows XP show desktop icon fix. fine but i was hoping to restore the aero glass icon that belongs there without having to reinstall Vista as i started to pile up my new 320 GB drive. Your input much appreciated. Cheers.
Old May 31, 2007, 09:32 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

There's a Aeroglass Icon?
Old May 31, 2007, 11:39 PM
MVP

Default groups.google advanced search

Best resource on the 'net for troubleshooting windows

Using
all words: icon quick launch
Group: microsoft.public.windows.vista.*
Language: English
Message dates: 2006-Present

easily found this article
How to restore missing Flip 3D icon to the Quick Launch toolbar in Windows Vista
Old June 5, 2007, 05:00 PM
Rookie

Bushwhacker, Thank you so much how this did not come up in my searches boggles my mind as i figured i covered all grounds.. it kept defaulting back to the show desktop XP quick launch. Forwarded link to home email and i know this will work just wasn't too familiar with VISTA yet but this helps . Cheers.
Old June 6, 2007, 03:58 PM
Rookie

Bushwhacker, Just want to thank you for the link as i fixed it all up and they are now restored and also that same folder had the show desktop icon.I knew what to do right away without having to read the rest just wasn't sure in Vista what folder or all folders held these icons. Cheers to you.