Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2009, 04:26 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Personally, I consider Ultimate anything to be mainly marketing BS. IF its only a couple bucks more...OK. But in reality I think MS has given consumers just as many options as they did XP. Home is now "Premium", Pro is still Pro, VLK'ed Pro is Enterprise (as it should be) and MCE is Ultimate...kinda sort of. I can't believe I'm defending these dodgy wankers but I'm truly hoping win 7 is at the very least what Vista was supposed to be. Vista is still not ready for prime time BUT I want to be able to USE more than 4GB of RAM and 2TB+ HDDS! Maybe I'll go back to Linuix and run XP in a sandbox for awhile :)~

I also hope they give all Vista users uber cheap upgrade coupons to say sorry for the BS they forced people to buy! Say whatever the cost of packaging and shipping for Win 7 will be. Never going to happen but one can dream!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 4, 2009, 04:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
I also hope they give all Vista users uber cheap upgrade coupons to say sorry for the BS they forced people to buy! Say whatever the cost of packaging and shipping for Win 7 will be. Never going to happen but one can dream!
Agreed, I hope they do the same thing they did with Windows 98SE(Second Edition).

For those who don't remember, MS sold a special "update" version that only worked as an upgrade from 98 for like $29, vs the $159 for a normal upgrade version.