Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20, 2009, 05:36 PM
Rookie

Default Anyone buy from Directcanada? Need advice

Hello everyone,

Newbie here.

I learned of your site when I was searching Directcanada.ca store. This is also my first time shopping at directcanada,and I was hoping if anyone has bought anything from there,and how was the service?

I`m going to be spending upwards of 700.00 on items, so I want to make sure that I`m dealing with a company with good service.

Thanks in advance
Old January 20, 2009, 05:39 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I've bought too often from them...

Very good prices.
Very fast shipping
Poor customer service - until you learn that you can contact DC_Support, a member here. He works for DC and has been very helpful for many members.

And Welcome!
Old January 20, 2009, 05:46 PM
Rookie

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I was looking at pretty much every online pc store, and they were the top 3 in prices, or if not the first. But prices are only good if the customer service backs it up. I`d rather pay a few more bucks and get treated good.
Old January 20, 2009, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufa View Post
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I was looking at pretty much every online pc store, and they were the top 3 in prices, or if not the first. But prices are only good if the customer service backs it up. I`d rather pay a few more bucks and get treated good.
As charlie said their CS isnt the best BUT if you do have a problem DC_Support ( AkA Brad ) is awesome. So yes and no,Yes now that you know about DC_Support, no for pretty much anyone that doesnt.
Old January 20, 2009, 06:04 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

You can always buy from NCIX, and price-match DC's prices. They're both the same company, you know.
Old January 20, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
You can always buy from NCIX, and price-match DC's prices. They're both the same company, you know.
Only reason I didnt recomend this route is the free shipping over $300
Old January 20, 2009, 06:46 PM
Rookie

I checked Ncix.ca, newegg.ca, tigerdirect.ca, computerscanada.ca, and a few others, and I placed all the items I`m going to buy in "checkout" and with taxes, and shipping, directcanda was the best prices. I never heard of them so thats why I was wondering how there customer service was. And I didnt know that ncix owns directcanda. Good to know.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I believe its currently like this, lines/arrows indicate who owns/manages who:
Code:
NCIX
   |-> Direct Canada
   |-> NXSource
             |-> Memory House
             |-> BestDirect
             |-> Compu2000
NCIX directly manages Direct Canada AND NXSource, and NXSource manages BestDirect as well as a few other off brands such as Comp2000 and Memory House.

The Toronto "warehouse" is actually simply the stock at their distributor(IngramMirco, or w/e they use), they normally ship out of Vancouver, drop shipping from their distributor if need be(OOS at their respective warehouse and/or sisters like NCIX). If your worried and prefer going directly through NCIX, just do a price match, I've never seen them deny an inter-brand(same company/sister company) price match.

Compu2000 is the odd man out as it wasn't created by NCIX, but rather bought out. Unlike the other "sisters", Compu2000 actually has storefronts, is a Mac oriented shop, and most employees do not know of NCIX's ownership.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've ordered from directcanada a few times. The orders ship fast and usually have GREAT prices on shipping, and their prices are usually within the cheapest.

I tried to cancel an order on Sunday when the order was made on Saturday, still don't know if it worked, but I made an order again on Sunday and used air shipping and it's Tuesday and my heatsink is installed! Pretty fast (used fedex<3)

No worries ordering from there, granted that you don't get any problems with the product, I hear DC_Support is good for help with that, like others said. But since it seems like you're ordering software? There should be no problems there at all, software can't really come DOA lol. Good luck!
Old January 20, 2009, 07:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

IMHO NCIX support isn't the greatest. The DC_Support guy on here is rather good though, got a reply from him the next day since I was worried I wouldn't get the tracking numbers (seems like a semi-common problem) but I did get them the same day he replied to me with them. But at least he told me which tracking number was for what (case + box of other stuff which came on different days oddly enough). Either way it was a smooth transaction.