Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20, 2009, 09:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Can't beat that free shipping over $300. Also good if you're from Ontario - just GST.
Old January 20, 2009, 09:27 PM
Banned

I bought my Shuttle K45 from them....got it in TWO DAYS. Form whereever they are to Ontario by Mail...not courier.

Very happy with them indeed.
Old January 20, 2009, 10:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

3-4 years of shopping and everything has been perfect only 1 RMA in that time.

@ Crazyhorsejohnny exactly love that no pst, add free shipping

EE
Old January 20, 2009, 10:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I agree Jdrom....I have dealt with both NCIX n DC...I can get a reply from Brad almost immediately whereby NCIX is slow to get back to me....DC ships right away, great packaging and great Customer Support via DC _Support...just do not try to get a hold of them by phone!!!
Tried BestDirect yesterday evening...same as DC..same Invoices Warehouse etc etc...as Chilly said..ordered last night at about 10:30 PM shipped out with Tracking Number this AM. likely recieve my 640 Black tomorrow.

Old January 20, 2009, 10:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

In all honesty..its either DC, NCIX or BestDirect....just check for best price....DC doesn't Price Match but NCIX does!

Old January 21, 2009, 03:33 PM
Rookie

Wow, thanks for all the advice. I took your advice and bought my hardware(motherboard,ram,speakers,psu, ect.) from direct canada. I figured out that I would of spent an extra 100.00 on shipping,handling,and taxes if I was buying from the companies I mentioned above. So I took that savings and bought a decent pair of Logitech Z300 speakers.
Old January 21, 2009, 04:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've ordered from both NCIX and DC quite a few times. NCIX has the price match which is hard to beat, but they ship UPS so I usually avoid NCIX for that reason. I have heard bad things about trying to get in touch with DC should something go wrong but so far every order has gone off without a hitch.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old January 21, 2009, 06:56 PM
Allstar

They are both pretty good. DC does have good prices but I found the way they process your order is rather uninformative unlike NCIX. NCIX always sends me emails every step of the way. Direct Canada will send me an email saying my orders been processed, then if you goto the 'order tracking' on their site, it doesnt have checkmarks in the product availiblity or the shipping boxes.... but if you look below, it usually says shipped with (purolator, ups, or whatever company) and they give you a tracking # there. The email notifications dont seem to work too great, nor does the order tracking forum.

All in all, they are both pretty good price and speed wise.

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old January 21, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ordered my WD Black 640 yesterday from BestDirect (aka DC) recieved this morning 0830 Purolator. Always happy with DC...ordered a 9800GTX + from DC an hour ago, be here no later than Friday AM.....maybe even tomorrow afternoon!!!

Old January 21, 2009, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
There email notifications dont seem to work great, nor does the order tracking forum get updated.
Thats because the boys at DC as in Brad, are busy making sure your products ship ASAP...unlike NCIX where it could take up to 48 hrs to get shipped after ordering!!
Soory man...I have nothing "negative" at all to say about DC.....no...you won't get them by phone, but they always prudently reply to DC_Support queries....I'm pretty sure its just one or two of em working in the Richmond Warehouse.
Keep up the 1st Class work Brad n Cory!!!