Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2009, 10:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just search L4D + Stutter and you'll see a load of results.

I had that stupid stutter issue with the first 180 series driver, went back to 178.24 to solve it. Some did say turning off multicore rendering in the video advanced settings was supposed to help but not in my case, sorry I don't remember if I was FS or FS without borders, likely FS.

Enaberif what are drivers are you running now to make it work?

EE
Old January 8, 2009, 10:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Just search L4D + Stutter and you'll see a load of results.

I had that stupid stutter issue with the first 180 series driver, went back to 178.24 to solve it. Some did say turning off multicore rendering in the video advanced settings was supposed to help but not in my case, sorry I don't remember if I was FS or FS without borders, likely FS.

Enaberif what are drivers are you running now to make it work?

EE
Its not working.

I just use Fullscreen with no borders.
Old January 21, 2009, 03:05 PM
Banned

This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs.
Exciting New Features:
  • Added support for GeForce GTX 295 and GeForce GTX 285
  • Enables NVIDIA SLI technology on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards with all SLI-certified GPUs.
  • Enables NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Now you can easily switch between multi-monitor desktop mode and full screen 3D gaming mode. Learn more here.
  • Enables NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. (Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. This driver package automatically installs PhysX System Software version 8.10.13).
  • Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2. Download these free PhysX and CUDA applications now!
  • Added support for the new NVIDIA CUDA Video Encoder with H.264 optimization
Blazing Fast Performance:
  • Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 180 drivers vs. Release 178 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
    • Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
    • Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
    • Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
    • Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    • Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
    • Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
    • Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
    • Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
    • Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
    • Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict
And More:
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way and Quad SLI technology.
  • Supports CUDA.
  • Supports Folding@home distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.
  • Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
  • Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
  • Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
Very nice indeed!!!!!
Old January 21, 2009, 06:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

And the point of "copying n pasting" that last Post is....??? - We'll see all that "verbal diahrea when we download from nVidia.com All that "verbal diahrea" that you "copyed n pasted" has been advertised for the last 3 Drivers...or four?!

Old January 21, 2009, 10:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I agree - I am still using 178.24 and I recommend using those for now - The 185 series drivers are currently in beta and those run better in some cases and have tweaks for Mirror's Edge and PhysX !
Old January 21, 2009, 10:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

I'm using 178.24 at the moment and I tend to have problems with crashing with Mirror's edge and World in Conflict and it seems to only hav happen around the time the new driver (180.20) had came out, for some strange reason. Well now im installing 180.20.

Q9550 E0 stepping @ 4Ghz
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
G.Skill pc2 8500 1066mhz RAM
Corsair TX750 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500gb and Seagate 500gb in RAID 0
Western Digital 250gb
Antec 1200
OCZ Vendetta 2 LGA 775 CPU cooler with bolt thru kit
XFX HD5970
Steelseries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
Samsung 305T 30 Inch 2560x1600 LCD monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers, Sennheiser HD215's, G35's