Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2009, 07:55 PM
MVP

Question WIndows Home Server Oddity............

this is nearly driving me insane. installed WHS last night. installed the connector software and just lately whenever i sign onto the server console i get this annoying "connector software must be updated" warning.

i have followed the directions and scoured the web for hours and no joy. the oddity is that i still have full and complete access to the files on the server through the "shared folders" icon on my desktop.

has anyone with WHS experience seen this before.

cheers and thx

rob123
Old January 3, 2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Ah, I had this problem as well. Don't use the software from the WHS install DVD, instead use the installer for the connector software that is in the WHS directory on your WHS and it will install fine.

It's a PITA and I hope MS has fixed this with new versions of the install DVD they are shipping.
Old January 3, 2009, 09:58 PM
MVP

Default it didnt work but thx anyway.........

i should have listed that as one of the things i have tried.

its not a critical thing for me. the other users can still access all the shared folders.

care to recommend an anti virus that works with windows home server?

thx

rob123
Old January 4, 2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Honestly, I don't use any anti virus on the server. I usually just make good practice of checking everything I d/l before transferring it over to the server.