Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 beta

Well I don't know if any of ya's tried the new windows 7 beta build 7 but it is a really nice OS so far. I could even us it as my primary OS but will wait till the full version comes out. I have to say that Microsoft did something right this time. It is a lot faster, looks way better (but they still need Anti Aliasing), way more user friendly, less UAC crap bugging ya all the time, has drivers for a lot of things pre-installed. Like when I was installing the OS for the first time it auto found my wireless drivers and I could connect to the internet right off the bat. I was SO amazed because MS never has done this before. I love the new task bar and how efficient it is. Even my brother who is a huge Mac fan and is also a graphic artist is amazed. He says he wishes Mac OSX did some of the things that Windows 7 does.

Anyways just wondering if any of ya played with the unofficial release of Windows 7 beta yet.

Oh and I am buying Windows 7 as soon as it comes out and probably will shell out for the Ultimate version to show my support on a very good job.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 28, 2008, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well I don't know if any of ya's tried the new windows 7 beta build 7 but it is a really nice OS so far. I could even us it as my primary OS but will wait till the full version comes out. I have to say that Microsoft did something right
How much are they paying you ? and how often, bi-weekly, monthly ? daily ?

(all kidding aside) I haven't tried it but I've seen the interface and don't particularly like the pie shart type interface and the fact there is no classic windows theme like in XP and VISTA - unless they changed it - can you confirm that you can revert to the classic themes as previous windows ? From what I recall there isn't any, in the version I saw quite a bunch of screenshots and a lot of reading !

Quote:
this time. It is a lot faster, looks way better (but they still need Anti Aliasing), way more user friendly, less UAC crap bugging ya all the time, has drivers for a lot of things pre-installed. Like when I was installing the OS for the first time it auto found my wireless drivers and I could connect to the internet right off the bat. I was SO amazed because MS never has done this before. I love the new task bar and how efficient it is. Even my brother who is a huge Mac fan and is also a graphic artist is amazed. He says he wishes Mac OSX did some of the things that Windows 7 does.
Hmmm...... how much are they paying you ?
Old December 28, 2008, 05:57 PM
Allstar

where did you registered yoursefl for that beta test im searching the web for that and i didnt find anything on it ... beside windows 7 beta iso from couple of BT site

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old December 28, 2008, 06:40 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

msdn would be my guess :)~
personally I gave up being an unpaid guinea pig for ms a long time ago

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 28, 2008, 06:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No registration required

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 28, 2008, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Skirting a fine line here..

But I tried it and no I will not be switching.

XP for me. It has nothing of interest and does nothing for me. Its just Vista with a few major tweaks.
Old December 28, 2008, 08:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Win7 is Vista with more visual effects. Microsoft is in serious trouble. They really think that WOW-effect of some idiotic widget crap will sell OS to corporate customers. It won't. MS drops support for WinXP - they lose big chunk of corporate customers with it. 3rd party WinXP support firms will popup.
Intel i7-3770
Kingstone HyperX 2 x 8GB
Crucial M4 256GB + 128 GB
Sapphire Radeon HD7970
Nec Multisync LCD2690WUXI
Old December 28, 2008, 08:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

When is the estimated time of release for Windows 7?
Old December 28, 2008, 08:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
When is the estimated time of release for Windows 7?
Official beta roughly or supposedly January and RC/RTM possibly March with release by Summer.
Old December 28, 2008, 09:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks enaberif.