Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2009, 08:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
there are some reasons why I personally don't Like any Vista which are you have to have a fair amount of Ram and you don't Get your top Download speed ( its capped).that being Said between 32 bit and 64 bit Vista I have had allot more problems ( stability issues) with 32 bit over the 64bit you have to think of Vista Like the Old Windows ME its a go between experimental model well at least this is the way I see Vista . This is why the only Windows based OS I use is 64bit XP all of my other OS are 5 Linux Distro's and 1 FreeBSD but
What? Since when did vista EVER "cap" download speeds? And on a newer pc 2gb isnt really a fair amount, its pretty much the minimum youll get on something in a store these days unless you get the ultra budget clearance models. And vista is also FAR FAR FAR better than the travesty that was windows ME.
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old January 5, 2009, 12:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Vista doesn't cap your download speed. Your crappy internet provider does. You ever told you that was on crack.
well it does slow down your internet I know because I had Vista and my Average download speed was only 700kbs but on any other windows I average about 1.2Mbs on Linux I average 7 mbs and on a very good day I will get up to 10mbs . Vista does give you slower download speeds. Windows Vista default limit is based on which edition of Vista users are using. For example, Home Basic has maximum limit of 2, and Vista Ultimate is 25 per second. Normal Windows Vista users should not face any problem or slow network connection with the half-open connections limit. However, heavy P2P (peer-to-peer) applications users such as uTorrent, BitTorrent, BitComet, Azureus, ABC, eMule (eDonkey network), etc, or P2PTV such as TVants, PPLive, PPStream, Sopcast, etc may face some error or slow download and upload speed due to this limit.its one of Vista's security Ideas so it supposedly slows down Virus's or something there are bat files out the that will open up a couple more but even then your not getting the full amout that your ISP gives you unless of course you do have telus or someplace like that