Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default What apps do you run on your G15?

I got a Logitech G15 for Christmas . The feeling is really solid. I kinda wanna put the LCD screen to use though. I don't really know of any good applets though. The only one I have installed right now is SirReal's applet, and that's it. I'm looking for some that are convenient for all-purpose use and for gaming, such as IM and stuff.

Which ones do you use?
Old December 25, 2008, 02:20 PM
MVP

Most applications that I use have built in support for the G15 specifically, I know Winamp, Ventrilo, Xfire, Rivatuner and many games out there will automatically display information on the screen.

I usually have Rivatuner's applet on so I can monitor my temperatures while im using my system, I'll also switch to see what song I'm listening to. Rivatuner is pretty customizable in the way of what it can display, I have all my GPU clocks/temps as well as my chip clock/temp/voltage.
Old December 25, 2008, 07:01 PM
MVP
F@H

I use Everest, it can tell you everything about your system, the LCD applet is simple to use and you can configure it very easily. Its about the only way to monitor multi-gpu useage while in-game.

I also use the FRAPS functionality, and the media player stuff.

I'm not sure if its because not many people have them, or just support is not prioritized, but it sure would be nice to see plugins for more recent games. I would love to have FC2 and GTA4 functionality, but it seems like nobody is working on plugins for these titles. You could even have a full mini-map on the LCD so you could have a completely clear screen.
VIDEO: 3 x Visiontek HD3870
Old December 25, 2008, 08:27 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Same as Vinster.