Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25, 2008, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default The "I no longer use Firefox" thread!

Heh,

Still a big fan of Firefox but I've slowly moved over to Chrome, I really like it. In fact I honestly didn't think the day would come that I'd leave Firefox; it's here.

The last version or so of Firefox has REALLY slowed down it's surfing; at least it seemed like that to me. I was also having issues when browsing heavy flash sites etc.

Anyways, I love the look of chrome and the way it works is similar to Firefox; I've had it set up for awhile but havn't really used it solely, but today - I uninstalled Firefox. :)
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old December 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Heh,

Still a big fan of Firefox but I've slowly moved over to Chrome, I really like it. In fact I honestly didn't think the day would come that I'd leave Firefox; it's here.

The last version or so of Firefox has REALLY slowed down it's surfing; at least it seemed like that to me. I was also having issues when browsing heavy flash sites etc.

Anyways, I love the look of chrome and the way it works is similar to Firefox; I've had it set up for awhile but havn't really used it solely, but today - I uninstalled Firefox. :)
Except Chrome doesn't work 90% of the plugins that you need to surf the internet with like no-script , ad block and flash block.
Old December 25, 2008, 09:29 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

When Chrome will have extensions support I'll look at it. Until then I uninstalled it after 5 minutes of horrible ads.
Firefox 3.1b2 happy surfer here.
Ops, I'm here.
Old December 25, 2008, 09:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Except Chrome doesn't work 90% of the plugins that you need to surf the internet with like no-script , ad block and flash block.

I've had zero problem installing all of the plug-in's I had in firefox. Ad block I only used on certain sites as I generally don't block them all out (I just ignore em).
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old December 25, 2008, 09:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I've had zero problem installing all of the plug-in's I had in firefox. Ad block I only used on certain sites as I generally don't block them all out (I just ignore em).
Even if I could Chrome doesn't give or show any benefit for me over Firefox.

Glad it works for you.
Old December 25, 2008, 10:28 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Haven't used chrome yet but I'll give it a try. Had to switch back from FF3 to FF2 because the java applets in our corporate email client (web Lotus Notes, some older version) did not work right inside of FF3 no matter what I tried, but fine in FF2. Even IE Tab would not do it for me which was strange. If I can get Locust Notes working in Chrome I might give it a whirl, although I think Google knows enough about me as it is lol
Fold for team #54196
Old December 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There are a lot more reasons to still stay with Firefox if only because it's had a longer time on the scene but I really want to give chrome a run and see what comes up, since I'm such a huge google fanboy anyways. I have used gmail from day 1, calender, docs, everything else I use daily. In fact I have google docs set up to pick up the hours I send my gmail account for work when I am away on the road. So I simply send an email and google docs pics them up and adds them to a spreadsheet for me. It's pretty awesome! Anyways off topic; we'll see where chrome takes me!
Old December 25, 2008, 02:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I have a dislike for google, even though I use their products(gmail, google search, etc. no good/better alternatives). If there is a product that is better or equal to something google offers I will use the non google product everyday.

In that aspect, Firefox FTW, For LIFE.
Old December 25, 2008, 05:26 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Love Chrome. I won't be going back to Firefox anytime soon.
Old December 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
MVP

My System Specs

i tried chrome i went back to ff though.