Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
based FF is okay but still slower than ie7

when you install more add-ons and ff become slower and more insecurities... honestly get opera... opera have everything you need... and still faster than ie and ff...

i only use ff + flashgot for download... opera for banking online or other https... and ie for general...

vista comes with ie7 so i can use folder explorer as browser... and even i can use browser as explorer...

edit: here is good article for you to read...
Firefox Myths
Firefox Myths
Firefox Myths? | Robert Accettura’s Fun With Wordage
You really read to much on the internet about things like this.

Firefox with or without add-ons doesn't get slower at all.

Firefox with Ad Block (which is all you need) is exactly the same speed with out it installed.

Securities? Again are you afraid someone might come into your computer and look at your pics of you and your grandma?

There are so many biased articles about all the browsers out there that nobody knows any real truth anymore.

Its simple.. use what you like and feel comfortable with and let others decide what they want to use.

But you cannot tell me that Internet Explorer is a better browser; ActiveX is the devils work.
Old March 2, 2009, 11:54 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You really read to much on the internet about things like this. Firefox with or without add-ons doesn't get slower at all. Firefox with Ad Block (which is all you need) is exactly the same speed with out it installed.
I second this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
But you cannot tell me that Internet Explorer is a better browser; ActiveX is the devils work.
ActiveX has so many exploits, it isnt even funny. (Well actually it is, if you dont use it)
Old March 2, 2009, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I used to use Opera about 4 or 5 years ago and really liked it. I used it up until about '06

Now I'm mainly a Firefox user though I've tried Chrome and ditched it because of no Adblock.

I just downloaded Opera again to give it a try.
Old March 2, 2009, 12:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

don't use chrome use srwware iron which is almost the same as chrome but is allot more secure
Old March 2, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Secure this.
Secure that.

Do you guys really need to be worried about security?

Man media sure makes people paranoid.
Old March 2, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i am not going to read it because until they make one better then firefox give it up already to death with useless post
Old March 2, 2009, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

security is intangible.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 2, 2009, 04:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Opera or FF , posted in Opera;)
Old March 20, 2009, 04:25 AM
Rookie

I gave Chrome a whirl, only to uninstall it again 2 minutes later. Although for reasons I've yet to see anyone bring up yet (maybe the have it fixed?). I'm a huge fan of the zoom thingy (CTRL + Scroll Wheel), but with Chrome, it enlarges the text, pictures, etc, but keeps the frames the same size, thus resulting in being unable to see parts of the website once enlarged. A good example of this can be seen using www.cbc.ca. Anyway, I used to use Opera for years until I discovered Firefox's wealth of add-ons, now that's all I use.
Old March 20, 2009, 06:07 AM
Allstar

For those complaining about FF's speed maybe you should try out Minefield. It's the FF beta and quick as hell, probably faster than Chrome or at least just as fast. I took it for a spin and was really impressed. Because it's still in beta you have to disable the compatability for plugins but all of mine worked after that. The only thing that didn't work so well are the skins.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N