Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2009, 09:19 PM
Top Prospect

Ive just recently switched to Google Chrome. I really like the minimalistic browser design, it just feels like there is so much more room on my screen to see the sites. I also am a fan of their custom engine, sites really do load faster than on Firefox which seems to be getting bloated. The only thing I miss, is the plugins. Adblock plus was really nice. Apparently the next major change to Chrome will be the addition of plugin support, so I will hopefully have my Adblock Plus back soon!

Oh yea, I find the popup blocker on Google Chrome to work alot better than the Firefox one.
Old February 26, 2009, 09:24 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by decivox View Post
Ive just recently switched to Google Chrome. I really like the minimalistic browser design, it just feels like there is so much more room on my screen to see the sites..
F11
Problem solved.
Old February 26, 2009, 09:28 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MAX View Post
F11
Problem solved.
FFFFFFFFF the Fox ate my start menu.
Old February 27, 2009, 12:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Does chrome have some of the features that FF has that makes me use FF?

Spell checker, remember passwords, save tabs and restore tabs in case of crash... ect?

I love adblock plus... I'd be pretty heart broken doing without it!

I'd like to try chrome, though... I didn't know it really got much faster than FF, IE is slow.

EDIT: Just tried it, I don't feel like it's faster than FF... especially on facebook. Cool how slim it is though

Last edited by Jake_HT; February 27, 2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old March 1, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
Does chrome have some of the features that FF has that makes me use FF?

Spell checker, remember passwords, save tabs and restore tabs in case of crash... ect?

I love adblock plus... I'd be pretty heart broken doing without it!

I'd like to try chrome, though... I didn't know it really got much faster than FF, IE is slow.

EDIT: Just tried it, I don't feel like it's faster than FF... especially on facebook. Cool how slim it is though
I use SRWare Iron which is very close to Chrome but allot more secure it does everything that FF does but one thing it has that I like is a task manager built in which for me is great because I can see how much memory pages are using so if the browser does slow down because of having Multiple tabs ( I sometimes have over fifteen tabs going at once ) I can find the culprit that is using the most memory and close it.
Old March 2, 2009, 12:12 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I use SRWare Iron which is very close to Chrome but allot more secure it does everything that FF does but one thing it has that I like is a task manager built in which for me is great because I can see how much memory pages are using so if the browser does slow down because of having Multiple tabs ( I sometimes have over fifteen tabs going at once ) I can find the culprit that is using the most memory and close it.
Hmm that is interesting. I is basically Chrome without the privacy violations and with a Adblocker built in. Looks like I may try this out!
Old March 2, 2009, 12:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

well... imho...

ff is junks... when you install more add-ons as its more junkier...
opera have all features that you need... more faster and security but uglier and hard to use... of course it still un-popular... thats why nobody knows about opera before ff uses fake words from mouth to mouth...
ie7 is not good without ie7pro... ie7 is still better and comfortable browser...
chrome is beta [yeah beta sucks as always] and also suck than i thought... i also dont want google becomes into the internet king like ms was os king... thats why competitive companies is better

plus you should read fine words from chrome's TOS...

jkkmobile: Google Chrome sucks!
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old March 2, 2009, 01:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
well... imho...

ff is junks... when you install more add-ons as its more junkier...
opera have all features that you need... more faster and security but uglier and hard to use... of course it still un-popular... thats why nobody knows about opera before ff uses fake words from mouth to mouth...
ie7 is not good without ie7pro... ie7 is still better and comfortable browser...
chrome is beta [yeah beta sucks as always] and also suck than i thought... i also dont want google becomes into the internet king like ms was os king... thats why competitive companies is better

plus you should read fine words from chrome's TOS...

jkkmobile: Google Chrome sucks!
I don't know why people think FF is junk for.

I run FF with nothing more than adblock going and I have absolutely zero issues with it.

Yes the memory usage can get a bit steep but who cares? Most of us are running more than 4gb of ram anyways.

FF is still 100x better than IE will be ANY day and IE 8 is just even more disgusting than 7 was.
Old March 2, 2009, 10:21 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
ie7 is still better and comfortable browser
I never thought I would see the day
Old March 2, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

based FF is okay but still slower than ie7

when you install more add-ons and ff become slower and more insecurities... honestly get opera... opera have everything you need... and still faster than ie and ff...

i only use ff + flashgot for download... opera for banking online or other https... and ie for general...

vista comes with ie7 so i can use folder explorer as browser... and even i can use browser as explorer...

edit: here is good article for you to read...
Firefox Myths
Firefox Myths
Firefox Myths? | Robert Accettura’s Fun With Wordage
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.