Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2, 2009, 06:30 PM
Top Prospect

I currently use ff 3 and love it, but i'll give chrome a shot

what's this about chrome not working with plugins though? It seems typical, after all, chrome IS only a beta
Old January 4, 2009, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've officially switched to Chrome, and browsing HWC is a lot faster.

The only downside is that there isn't adblock plus for it yet, and that is the only reason I use firefox anyways, because it feels so bloated now, after the newest updates.
Old January 4, 2009, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Heh,

Still a big fan of Firefox but I've slowly moved over to Chrome, I really like it. In fact I honestly didn't think the day would come that I'd leave Firefox; it's here.

The last version or so of Firefox has REALLY slowed down it's surfing; at least it seemed like that to me. I was also having issues when browsing heavy flash sites etc.

Anyways, I love the look of chrome and the way it works is similar to Firefox; I've had it set up for awhile but havn't really used it solely, but today - I uninstalled Firefox. :)
the thing about Chrome is that it isn't very secure in that it is Google and Google letsd everyone that has any money get info that in itself makes it so I will never use it but I do use SRW IRON which is almost Identical to Chrome but it is allot more secure . another Browser I really like is Lunascape 5 two reasons why I don't use it as my regular browsers is because one it isn't portable and the second and this one bugs me allot , is that I cannot open new links in a new tab with my Middle mouse button.
Old January 4, 2009, 08:46 PM
MVP

I sort of left FireFox when FF3 came out. I still prefer 2 and well I've been using the dreaded IE ....dun dun dun. That's how much I dislike FF3.
Old January 4, 2009, 09:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My problem was 3 just started to work even less on websites; even now when I use it from time to time there are websites I just can't get it to load. Even IE loads them!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old January 4, 2009, 10:26 PM
Allstar

Most websites that IE loads and FF doesn't are designed specifically for IE and use scripting methods designed specifically for IE and some of their proprietary functions.

I've had no real problems with FF at all.

Chrome is not yet mature enough for my taste as a regular browser, either from a privacy or security standpoint.
Old January 5, 2009, 07:23 AM
Top Prospect

I'm sure Chrome has some good points but it's not mature enough yet for me to try it. With FF being so customizable, and having some pretty good security features there isn't any reason for me to try anything else.
Asus P5K Deluxe / Intel Core2Quad Q9550@8x425@3400mhz(1.225v) / Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / 4Gigs DDR2 1066mhz(5-5-5-15) Corsair Dominator / Diamond HD4870x2 / Asus Xonar / WD Raptor 74gb / Hitachi 160GB / Antec Quattro 850w / Logitech Z-680 5.1 / Dell Ultrasharp 24" / 2 LG Optical Drives / Vista Ultimate 32bit / A tower that's been drilled, cut, and bent to fit all of my fans
Old January 5, 2009, 10:20 AM
Top Prospect

I did try Chrome the other day, then quickly switched back to Firefox, although in the long run, as long as they don't bloat it, I can see myself going back to Chrome, some of the features were great
Watercooled CPU & GPU Saitek Eclipse II
Logitech G5
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
Old January 5, 2009, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

there is one thing ,so far, that I wished this browser ( SRW IRON a Chromium like browser) had that I can get on FF and that is foxmarks for my bookmarks
Old January 6, 2009, 09:57 AM
Rookie

As PC's get faster I find myself switching between IE and Firefox. I do like what Chrome has done with tabs running their own thread. Hopefully this gets adopted by all browsers.

Seriously though, the Internet is at a stage that as long as it works, it doesn't matter what browser you use. The only thing that matters is security. And for me, that is IE or Firefox. I'll use whichever doesn't have an active security hole at said time.
VIDEO:
ASUS Radeon 4870X2 (2 x 750 MHz, 2 x 1GB DDR5)
MEMORY: 8GB RAM (4 x 2 GB DDR3-1333MHz 7-7-7-20)
DISK: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2 x 500GB)
WATER COOLING: Tt Bigwater 780e for CPU
WATER COOLING: Tt Bigwater 760i for GPU
WATER BLOCK CPU: Tt LGA775 Copper Block (3/8" fittings)
WATER BLOCK GPU: Danger Den 4870X2 Copper Block (1/2" fittings)
WATER BLOCK CHIPSET: ASUS Onboard Copper Block