Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25, 2008, 05:37 PM
Allstar

Opera for me
Old January 1, 2009, 01:32 AM
Top Prospect

Default %$#@&^*....Firefox!!!!!!!

Thought this might fit in with the topic This is a copy of my post in MozillaZine forums.
Any of you guys ever run into issues like this with Firefox?
.................................................. .................................................. .............
Like Dejablues on the 28th I am recently having problems with Firefox not displaying pages completely. Most often this includes the headers at the top, and very often other areas of the web pages as well.
Also I have found that I can log into my hotmail account no problem, but cannot access any emails while there, (for instance the email confirmation necessary to register for this forum).
I cannot seem to find anything on this via our friend (google), but I cannot be the only one experiencing this.
I have gone as far as loosening security settings and even installed the latest beta version of Firefox.
.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Happy new year all. Hope 2009 treats us all a little better

the canuck
Old January 1, 2009, 01:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_2 View Post
Thought this might fit in with the topic This is a copy of my post in MozillaZine forums.
Any of you guys ever run into issues like this with Firefox?
.................................................. .................................................. .............
Like Dejablues on the 28th I am recently having problems with Firefox not displaying pages completely. Most often this includes the headers at the top, and very often other areas of the web pages as well.
Also I have found that I can log into my hotmail account no problem, but cannot access any emails while there, (for instance the email confirmation necessary to register for this forum).
I cannot seem to find anything on this via our friend (google), but I cannot be the only one experiencing this.
I have gone as far as loosening security settings and even installed the latest beta version of Firefox.
.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Happy new year all. Hope 2009 treats us all a little better

the canuck
Firefox can fail in hotmail because of incorrect MIME type.

Make sure your running the latest version.
Old January 1, 2009, 08:06 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I have a dislike for google, even though I use their products(gmail, google search, etc. no good/better alternatives). If there is a product that is better or equal to something google offers I will use the non google product everyday.

In that aspect, Firefox FTW, For LIFE.
Instead of google search I've added Scroogle to my search drop down menu

Direct access here Scroogle Scraper
Old January 1, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Chrome is definitely faster than FF 3 but I am still on FF 3 and don't feel the need to let Google monopolize my web habits.

If you want fast but don't like Google try Minefield. It's based on FF but is much faster. Still in beta but it works pretty good.

Minefield Start Page

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 1, 2009, 09:16 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Chrome is definitely faster than FF 3 but I am still on FF 3 and don't feel the need to let Google monopolize my web habits.

If you want fast but don't like Google try Minefield. It's based on FF but is much faster. Still in beta but it works pretty good.

Minefield Start Page

Gonna try, thanks for link!
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Old January 1, 2009, 03:12 PM
MVP

I switched from Fire Fox to Opera many moons ago and I've never looked back!
Old January 1, 2009, 09:17 PM
MVP

I'm still on IE6.
Firefox makes me mad on the Triplehead2go.

I still use it though.
Old January 1, 2009, 09:34 PM
Allstar

How many do you need seriously? I'll stick with FF. Wish that IE wasn't even on Windows though. Uber crapola!
Old January 1, 2009, 10:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Google Chrome FTW!!! No issues with it so far...