Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   Need Help!!! Vista wont Install! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/1284-need-help-vista-wont-install.html)

CMetaphor May 17, 2007 05:28 AM

Need Help!!! Vista wont Install!

Im not sure what the problem is exactly.... tried for hours last night to make vista install to my Raid 0 36g WD Raptors.... Both drives have been tested and passed all diagnostics so i dont think theyre defective. I loaded a usb key with all possible drivers from the asus website for the "mediashield" sata/raid contrller. Windows says it is unable to find a suitable driver for it (something like that, im not home now). Someone please help, i spent lots o money on this system and id like to see it finally work!!!

cdn_Madrach May 17, 2007 07:15 AM

Siutable driver for what....raid? If so you probably have the wrong raid driver from Asus. I had this problem when I installed a raid config. Asus is a little confusing with their drivers sometimes and their website is pathetic:censored: ....but I do like their mobo's lol.

enaberif May 17, 2007 08:18 AM

just use the cd that came with the mobo it'll have the raid drivers on it.

Babrbarossa May 17, 2007 08:33 AM

Vista and nVRaid - installation guide and troubleshooting

CMetaphor May 18, 2007 05:20 AM

And the answer is..... NONE of the ABOVE!.
ALL FIRST TIME VISTA INSTALLERS TAKE HEED!!! READ THIS!!!
THE PARTITION YOU ARE INSTALLING VISTA TO MUST BE FIRST IN THE BOOT ORDER OF YOUR BIOS!!!

Its true! I changed my raid 0 to be first in the boot order and everything worked fine, no problems or extra raid/nvidia drivers needed At All! (Vista x86 home premium).

Babrbarossa May 18, 2007 06:00 AM

From the link

"Vista can be installed onto each available spacious partition, but the active boot partition (normally on drive C) has to be within the nForce RAID array and should have the NTFS file system.
Suggestion: Before you begin with the Vista install you should check, if both preconditions are fulfilled. If drive C is not within your nForce RAID array, you have set the wrong boot order of the HARD DISK DEVICES within your BIOS. The RAID has to be set as bootable (within the RAID configuration tool) and as first bootable HDD (within BIOS). "

"If you have an nForce4 SataRaid system, you may try to boot off the Vista DVD. If you have an nForce RAID system, which is fully supported by Vista, the Vista Setup will automaticly detect your RAID array and your RAID partitions. In this case you can be lucky and won't need any assistence by reading this post."

CMetaphor May 18, 2007 07:25 AM

Exactly Babrbarossa, if only id known all that about 4 hours sooner :P. hehe. But Vista installed last night (in about 20 minutes Whaaaaat?) so im going to spend the weekend getting all my drivers in place and starting testing/benching. Thanks again for all the help!