Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 16, 2008, 10:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriote View Post
I could Invite you m8. No Probs.

Back in the days, they would open registrations once a week or so. And i had worked hard to get on there when they were open.
Ya if anyone needs an invite you can pm me, i got one from a friend like 2+ years ago and have probably invited around 50 people so far :D Speeds arent always great though but thats probably just bell throttling me alot of the time, its good for getting honest comments and feedback on a torrent to find the real deal
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old December 16, 2008, 10:33 AM
Allstar

I don't use bit torrent, I use Usenet instead
OCZ SOLID 3 SSD|Seagate 1.0TB
2 X EVGA GTX 460 in SLI
Old December 16, 2008, 03:43 PM
Rookie

I primarily use isoHunt, but at times I go with Torrentz, The Pirate Bay, Mininova, Demonoid, and RLSLOG.

But at times I just use Rapidshare either because of a lack of seeds or a lack of interest in seeding.

Btw, for those of you who are Usenet proponents, the fact that you're getting better speeds in Usenet has nothing to do with the bittorrent protocol and everything to do with the seeds/peers you're connected to, your physical location and ISP, as well as your networking settings. Any well-seeded torrent I download maxes my bandwidth, and some less popular ones do the same too if I can connect to fast seeds. The fact that Usenet servers have a retention time limits its usage severely, in my opinion. Not to mention you have to pay for it, which kind of goes against the free culture movement that peer-to-peer sharing is a large part of.
Old December 17, 2008, 06:49 AM
Rookie

If you have a good isp usenet is free, my isp is aliant.net and I get a bit over 100 days retention and full speed all the time. Not too bad for an isp.
Old December 25, 2008, 08:16 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
I've been mulling Giganews since my ISP axed the binaries (or rather they didn't, the people they leeched off of did) What sort of speeds do you get?
giganews maxes out my 10mb connection. it takes about 12 mins to download a gig, with unlimited data transfer, 99% completion and 240 days of retention. the only limit i face is the one imposed by my isp (100 gigs a month which i have never come close to topping out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs01 View Post
If you have a good isp usenet is free, my isp is aliant.net and I get a bit over 100 days retention and full speed all the time. Not too bad for an isp.
that is really good. my isp offers usenet access but they have roughly 24 hour retention and <50% completion which is absolutely pathetic and equivalent to not even offering the service imo.

i have a demonoid account too, and i like it for finding random stuff like really old d&d books, books of tattoo art and other random things i have never seen anywhere else. that said i havnt used a torrent in almost a year...
Old December 26, 2008, 12:24 PM
Top Prospect

I mainly use Demonoid. Speaking of which, I have some invitation codes if anyone wants any.