Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2008, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

hammer, black tape, green tape, 16" long phillips, multimeter, 1000s of zip ties, tape measure, flat head .. etc.
Old December 29, 2008, 01:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

soldering iron, precision screwdriver set, set of miniature pliers/ wire cutters, shrink tubing, zip ties, roll of 4 strand wire, anti-static bags, mini maglite, ratcheting screwdriver and other misc which all fits nicely into the leatherette case that my old Tagan 900W U95 was shipped in.

shown here
(ePower) Tagan TG-900-U95 900W Noise-Free ATX Power Supply with EPS12V, Quad-SLI Ready, Dual 80mm Quiet Fan, (SATA Ready, Retail)

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old December 29, 2008, 08:24 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Aside from the basics such as multi-bit screwdriver, zip ties, electrical tape, in my toolbox I have: multimeter, PCI video card, various types of ram, PS tester (redundant with multimeter but quick), IDE and SATA to USB adaptor to get data off hard drives, 2.5in 320GB HDD in an enclosure, tweezers, UBCD, and various screws/standoffs/jumpers etc.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 29, 2008, 09:06 AM
Allstar

Here's my junk tray, that's a 10 year old black and decker electric screwdriver and little plastic containers for screws and standoffs.... I have a multimeter, a bigass bottle of 99% alchy , a magnifying glass and an 18v rechargable flashlight ( go ahead and laugh, the time is coming when you younguns will need a magnifying glass and a flashlight for those front panel headers too!)

My 3.5-2.5 ide adapter and DVI-vga adapters are pretty much invaluable (my workbench rig uses a vga kvm for when I work on older systems)
Attached Images

Old December 29, 2008, 09:14 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

That heart or nerve meds I see there? ;)
Fold for team #54196
Old December 29, 2008, 09:36 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
That heart or nerve meds I see there? ;)
I got myself a case of strep throat/tonsillitis on boxing day.... Been taking every pill I could get my hands on for the last few days. The antibiotics are starting to work now, I can swallow again!

On the upside I haven't had a smoke in 3 days.
Old December 29, 2008, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I know a guy named Linus and all he cares about is his trusty orange Snap-On multi-bit screwdriver.
Mines Yellow. Works like a charm, even on those pesky long-to-reach screws, right Sky?
Normal size black Picquic among many other things mentioned in this thread for me.
Old December 31, 2008, 08:56 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 of 7 View Post
On the upside I haven't had a smoke in 3 days.
Do I sense a newyears resolution???
Old December 31, 2008, 10:29 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4ng3r View Post
Do I sense a newyears resolution???
Not at all, more of a Christmas present to myself (and my grandkids)
Old December 31, 2008, 10:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 of 7 View Post
Here's my junk tray, that's a 10 year old black and decker electric screwdriver and little plastic containers for screws and standoffs.... I have a multimeter, a bigass bottle of 99% alchy , a magnifying glass and an 18v rechargable flashlight ( go ahead and laugh, the time is coming when you younguns will need a magnifying glass and a flashlight for those front panel headers too!)

My 3.5-2.5 ide adapter and DVI-vga adapters are pretty much invaluable (my workbench rig uses a vga kvm for when I work on older systems)

LOL I have a little keychain sized LED flashlight within arms reach that puts out an amazing amount of light. Brightest flashlight I have ever owned. I love it and use it often.But usually because I have the lights down and can't see the i/o ports on the bottom front of my case :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE