Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   Vista's Long Goodbye still waving: The Register (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/1256-vistas-long-goodbye-still-waving-register.html)

Babrbarossa May 14, 2007 08:01 PM

Vista's Long Goodbye still waving: The Register

I was wondering if anyone here using Vista has experienced this glitch....

Seven weeks ago, when we first reported Vista was causing many machines to stall indefinitely while deleting, copying and moving files, we were sure the problem was caused by a bug that would be fixed relatively quickly. After all, Vista is Microsoft's flagship product. It's also an operating system. And everyone knows deleting, copying and moving files are among the most basic tasks any operating system can set out to do.
Now we don't know what to think. Vista's Long Goodbye, as we've come to call this bizarre phenomenon, continues unabated. No amount of diagnosing by the untold number of confounded sysadmins sheds any light on the problem's cause, and Microsoft has yet to acknowledge its full extent.

From the Register

Scratch May 14, 2007 10:59 PM

no me fine :thumb:

Patriote May 15, 2007 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scratch (Post 9157)
no me fine :thumb:

Im fine too! **Cough** XP **Cough**

Eldonko May 15, 2007 06:28 AM

Nope, seems ok for me.

slugbug May 15, 2007 09:01 AM

Is there a class action law suit in Microsoft's future :whistle:

b1lk1 May 15, 2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugbug (Post 9186)
Is there a class action law suit in Microsoft's future :whistle:

You can't sue someone because you are stupid enough to use their products.......

Babrbarossa May 15, 2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 9201)
You can't sue someone because you are stupid enough to use their products.......

easy, cheezy!:shok:

b1lk1 May 15, 2007 05:38 PM

I was 100% not trying to flame anyone here. I meant the masses of morons that sue because they are mad their coffee burned them, their neighbor's dog bit them after kicking it, etc...........

Sorry if anyone here takes offense......

Supergrover May 15, 2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

To prove the point, one user found the problem went away when he ran an XP Pro Virtual Machine that was running on top of Vista. Mysteriously, it took him about eight seconds to delete the 23GB of files he wanted to get rid of. Using Vista on the same machine took him more than 25 minutes.
:shok: Thats just nasty.

Poor Vista it's taken quite a beating since it was released.
When SP1 comes out then I might reinstall till then XP is just fine for me.

Babrbarossa May 15, 2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1lk1 (Post 9219)
I was 100% not trying to flame anyone here. I meant the masses of morons that sue because they are mad their coffee burned them, their neighbor's dog bit them after kicking it, etc...........

Sorry if anyone here takes offense......

Sorry- I misunderstood the tone.

As for Vista- i still think I'll install it whenever it shows up here- modustink, after five months, has finally informed me that it's being shipped.