Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2007, 12:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Would this setting turn it off in Quiet mode? (might be way off base, but I have never used Vista...)

Disable Vista UAC Popups
Software | Posted by Max at 4:03 am

This option does not turn off UAC; instead, it only makes UAC to operate in the quiet mode. In the quiet mode, UAC does not display the elevation prompts for the administrators. That is, when you attempt to do an administrative task, you will be allowed to proceed automatically, without prompting you to confirm the operation. All other features of UAC would still be enabled: the programs will run with the standard user permissions by default, and the standard users will still see the elevation prompts (the quiet mode applies to the administrator accounts only).
This isn't new, and it certainly isn't news, but it's been a lifesaver, or sanity floaty, if you will, for me. By the way, we're going to start doing Vista stuff with hardware, just thought I'd mention it.

TweakUAC
Old May 14, 2007, 12:34 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post

This isn't new, and it certainly isn't news, but it's been a lifesaver, or sanity floaty, if you will, for me.

I, like to use commas, all the time, in my sentence, structure. Sorry, had to, hehe. No hard feelings?
Old May 14, 2007, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Certainly not, since I didn't write it.
Old May 14, 2007, 01:09 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

That could do it, thanks for the info. I am going to read through all these "speeding up vista" docs at some point. Just havenít had a chance yet since I just got it yesterday. I just wish there was a program list with a check box that said "check to allow this program permanently". Guess MS couldnít think of that though huh. :/

I am also going to work on some registry tweaks to speed things up as well, Ill keep you guys posted.