Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29, 2008, 12:23 PM
Top Prospect

Default Bonjour and Windows help

I was cleaning "junks" from my drive and saw "Bonjour" loaded. I thought the software was needed for Apple iTunes which was used by my son. I deleted Bonjour . I lost my network connection after this and could not login to the Internet. What is the connection with Bonjour and my Network Connection ? Thanks.
Old November 29, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bonjour is not an essential process however it can mess with your network and is loaded by apple without permission. I don't know much about it but I would either try rolling windows back to the last working configuration, or try reconfiguring your network. Maybe the latter first- that way if it works, you're free of bonjour.
Old November 29, 2008, 06:34 PM
Top Prospect

Thanks. I could not get the network to run. Unfortunately, I have restore turned off (kind of stupid thing to do!). I have reinstalled Vista, and this time, I am making sure that I do not have Bonjour. It looks like it could have been installed with iTunes or Quick Times. I recall I had Bonjour, iTunes, QuickTime and Safari all in the same directory. I'll let the kids know too.
Old November 30, 2008, 11:12 PM
Top Prospect

Default Bonjour - an update.

After getting rid of all Apple softwares on my system, I was shocked to find Bonjour.exe back in my system. After a bit of research, I found that it was installed by Adobe CS3. I found a document on Adobe's website on how to get rid of Bonjour. Now -its GONE ..for good.
Old December 1, 2008, 12:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good to hear- thanks for posting the solution.
Old December 1, 2008, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It's useless and pointless. Glad you got rid of it. And shame on Adobe for installing Apple crap on Windows machines. Check out this blog for info on installing iTunes without the added garbage. It'll come in handy the next time you choose to update it (which is about once/year for me).

Slimming down the bloated iTunes 8 installer | Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE