Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2008, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Email client

Well ever since gmail notifier took a dump and died on me I've been searching for a way to receive messages about new emails in my gmail account.

I have tried every gmail option out there and I like none of them.

I would like to switch to a client like windows mail or thunderbird but I really want one that loads at startup and stays in my system tray.

Neither of these two do that, they load on the start bar (gay!).

Anyone know of any options?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 13, 2008, 06:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

You can make tbird in the system tray if you like, there are plugins that do it.

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!
Old November 13, 2008, 06:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh really? Just Download Tbird and go to plugins like you would in firefox?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 13, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

mozdev.org - minimizetotray: index
Old November 13, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thankyou! I love you both! hahaha