Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   Tab = shut off ? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/11537-tab-shut-off.html)

Kilauea November 5, 2008 07:22 PM

Tab = shut off ?

Hello,

I am not too sure where to put this, so we'll start here. So, today I did my usual go check my stuff... Being as lasy as I am... and I know it takes something else than s. I press tab to change window... Unfortunatly, as soon as I press tab, all my window shut down and my computer turns off in a very fast manner(meaning there is very little wait time), I did a Virus check with Avast and found nothing... Being unable to live without tab, I tried booting in Ubuntu to see if the problem was also there... To my joy, it wasn't a problem at all... but pressing the letter that comes after wxy it does a ultra powerful backspace. It erases the equivalent of a tab but as if it was backspace... That's in Ubuntu... However, it doesn't always do it. Sometimes it presses the letter, sometimes it just backspaces and the rest(most of the time), it just backtabs it.

I will be running Spybot and Adaware tonight, but am I missing something somewhere ?

Thanks a lot!

Babrbarossa November 5, 2008 07:31 PM

Never heard of that problem!- did a little googling, but no luck

Kilauea November 5, 2008 07:37 PM

Yeah I googled it too, but without luck.... It really makes windows impossible to use for whenever I have to enter an ID, I make the mistake and shut my computer, whenever I want to change window, I alt-tab and I shut my computer, thanks to Ubuntu for now...

MpG November 5, 2008 08:10 PM

Maybe double-check to make sure your keyboard wasn't changed in software? That's happened once or twice to me, and I'm suddenly typing French, funky accents and all. I dunno, maybe in some region, their keyboards' have instant kill buttons on them, which use the same number code as our tab?

Kilauea November 5, 2008 08:35 PM

Now Im bck windows... i removed my t*b key... but since on HWC, my before bcde key just refresh my p*ge... so nnoying... Im with Oper* now, with Firefox b4.

Its not problem of l*ngu*ge.

Eagle Eye November 6, 2008 01:39 AM

Have you tried switching out the keyboard or reloading the drivers.

enaberif November 6, 2008 01:59 AM

I'm going to say 1 of 2 things.

a) Keyboard mappings are out to lunch
b) macro virus or something installed.

TopDogZero November 6, 2008 09:03 AM

:offtopic: Sorry to hear of your problems Kilauea, but I got a good laugh. Thanks.

Any way try changing your keyboard like other,s have said.

Kilauea November 6, 2008 05:58 PM

I stole my father's keyboard and I haven't been able to notice any problems... so, I guess it was the keyboard afterall... Now to buy a new keyboard... finally a nice new one...

I was always interested in the Saitek Eclipse II, not sure if I should go for it... anyone has recommendations ?