Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2008, 03:50 AM
Trial Member

Default Problem with Windows Installer Service on Vista

Hi everyone, I have recently had to reinstall Vista Home Premium on my system. All the updates have completed succesfully, programmes reinstalled etc. No big deal untill I tried to install some new software and now get the message 'The Windows Installer Servive could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Instller is not correctly installed. Contact you support personnel for assistance'. :rtfm:I have done numerous google searches to try to rectify this problem but am unable. Could someone tell me where WIS is located so that I can remove it and reload it or does anyone know how to fix such a problem. I thought that I could work most things out for myself untill this one hit the system. :help: Cheers. Jakkel from Australia
Old September 29, 2008, 08:34 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Download and install the latest installer for vista, 4.0
Old September 29, 2008, 09:20 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

You may also want to check that the service is still enabled. I know its services.msc in XP but I'm not sure if it's the same in Vista. Either way, make sure the service is running (some programs I've seen can disable services during their installation and "forget" to start them again afterwards). Hope it helps!