Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default google in japan..

Came home today and tried to search something on google (search engine on firefox3) ..it opens everything in japanese/chinese ..When I try to go to Google it redirects me to Google (but Google or others work..) .
I searched with Eset Nod32 and I don't have any worms/trojans/hijackers ...tried of course reinstalling firefox and it didn't work...I know that I had this same problem but I can't remember what I did..

LE: Silly me, seems that a common search on the net finds the resolution to the problem..
I just went to Google then everything works..but the question is..Why?..Could anyone answer? :p
Old September 27, 2008, 05:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It could be DNS poisoning. That is a very real threat right now.

Alternately, the geolocation they use to guess where you are based on your IP might be buggered.
Old November 4, 2008, 06:45 PM
Top Prospect

I used to get this too....but only when i searched from google toolbar thingy from firefox.