Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
Default google in japan..

Came home today and tried to search something on google (search engine on firefox3) ..it opens everything in japanese/chinese ..When I try to go to Google it redirects me to Google (but Google or others work..) .
I searched with Eset Nod32 and I don't have any worms/trojans/hijackers ...tried of course reinstalling firefox and it didn't work...I know that I had this same problem but I can't remember what I did..

LE: Silly me, seems that a common search on the net finds the resolution to the problem..
I just went to Google then everything works..but the question is..Why?..Could anyone answer? :p
Memento mori
Old September 27, 2008, 05:22 PM

My System Specs

It could be DNS poisoning. That is a very real threat right now.

Alternately, the geolocation they use to guess where you are based on your IP might be buggered.
He either fears his fate too much, or his deserts are small, that dares not put it to the touch, to gain or lose it all.
- James Graham
Old November 4, 2008, 07:45 PM
Top Prospect

I used to get this too....but only when i searched from google toolbar thingy from firefox.
MSI Z97 | G3258 + TRUE | eVGA 9800GTX+ | eVGA 750W | Corsair DDR3 2x4GB |CM RC-690 |WD 3200AAKS | W7 Pro