Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   FireNES for Firefox (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/10297-firenes-firefox.html)

Cptn Vortex September 23, 2008 11:43 PM

FireNES for Firefox

This is awesome. Just installed it. Its a firefox extension. You install it, and it will open a bookmarks kinda tab thing, then has 2500+ NES games. They open in a window, and you play. No need to download ROMs or an emulator! So epic.

FireNes | NES en tu Firefox

CTA September 24, 2008 12:52 AM

interesting add-on... but NES games are pretty old... i prefer SNES or SEGA (16bit)...

enaberif September 24, 2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTA (Post 92268)
interesting add-on... but NES games are pretty old... i prefer SNES or SEGA (16bit)...

Are you saying old is bad?

Tons of games on the NES that were awesome that few people knew about.

Jmac September 24, 2008 01:33 AM

NES had some pretty awesome titles. I spent a solid portion of my childhood playing NES. I basically learned the entire game of baseball from RBI Baseball and RBI Baseball 2. Threw my first perfect game when I was 4 with Nolan Ryan ;) God I loved those games ... Let's not forget Duck Hunt and, of course, Mario Bros. 1 and 3, Ice Hockey, Blades of Steel, Startropics, Legend of Zelda, etc.

Ah, that brings back fond gaming memories ...

SNES, too ... and Genesis ... and N64 ...

Most of the new console games suck, IMO ... PC gaming is falling off quick, too ...

CTA September 24, 2008 01:41 AM

no not exactly... I owned NES with lots of games... i just dont like bored long game... i like fast and short game... like street fighter (16bit) and i am more fan of Sega than NES

jamc, i dont agreed with you... but some games are overkill = yes...

Skyllz September 24, 2008 04:29 AM

Games nowadays focus too much on the graphics instead of the experience. Back then it left some for the imagination also. Anyone remember playing Dragon Warrior or the first FF?

encorp September 24, 2008 07:32 AM

I played the first (american) FF, it was amazing and is truly the single defining game that got me hooked on gaming to begin with, my game cartridge was broken so I couldn't shut down my NES without losing my progress, so I taped all the power cords to the wall and the NES and left it running. By the time I beat the game a couple times my NES was fried and my parents had to buy me a new one, SNES came out and I kid you not; I had the same problem with FF2. FF2 was my favourite, I couldn't get enough of Cid and Telleh in that game. Man I loved the FF games, oh how each one blew my mind equally back in the day. (CAn't wait for the new one for PS3!).

p.s. Off topic: For SNES: Earthbound rocked royal ass!

Skyllz September 24, 2008 08:44 AM

I'm 31 today and I finished almost all the FF series...

I stopped playing them last year when I sold my PS2 with all my games.

You can bet your ass that when FF comes out on the 360(supposed to be x-platform from what i've read) i'll be grabbing it and spending some time gaming on the 48inch TV instead of the computer.

Menello September 24, 2008 09:00 AM

This has to be illegal... which makes it awesome.

Cptn Vortex September 24, 2008 09:54 AM

Indeed.