Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   your favorite media player (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/10251-your-favorite-media-player.html)

CTA September 21, 2008 09:02 PM

your favorite media player
 
something better than KMP?

http://www.videohelp.com/toolsimages/kmplayer_894.jpg

i still have problems with opening media files with annoying error... [if you are expert then please tell me... i really want to fix that annoying error/problem]

ps. sorry about CRAPPY picture... i dont know why...

enaberif September 21, 2008 09:02 PM

vlc for movies
winamp for audio

CTA September 21, 2008 09:09 PM

i used to use VLC for many years [until i found KMP] but it has HORRIBLE subtitle support... i dont know its fixed or not... didn't it?



ps. have you tried KMP... if not then you should try...

Jon_di2 September 21, 2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 91477)
vlc for movies
winamp for audio

I 2nd this, not sure why I would want to try another program when vlc works perfectly for movies and winamp works just as good for audio. Don't think I'll try KMP when VLC doesn't have issues and it does... not really selling it to me there :bleh:

CTA September 21, 2008 09:43 PM

well... you should compare thier quality of video... KMP is pretty better than VLC...


is it very bad to try other?

enaberif September 21, 2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTA (Post 91494)
well... you should compare thier quality of video... KMP is pretty better than VLC...


is it very bad to try other?

video quality is dependent on codecs.

Squeetard September 21, 2008 09:53 PM

I use zoomplayer with ffdshow codecs. I had problems with vlc and high def content.

enaberif September 21, 2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeetard (Post 91500)
I use zoomplayer with ffdshow codecs. I had problems with vlc and high def content.

New version of VLC has been released as of about 2.5 weeks ago.

CTA September 21, 2008 10:06 PM

i dont like zoomplayer but much better than gomplayer...

soon, i am testing kantaris 0.4 (based on VLC)... i expect it have to be much better than last time i test ( 0.1 or 0.2)


ps. please tell me.. did VLC improve subtitle ( such as MKV, etc)

enaberif September 21, 2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTA (Post 91502)
i dont like zoomplayer but much better than gomplayer...

soon, i am testing kantaris 0.4 (based on VLC)... i expect it have to be much better than last time i test ( 0.1 or 0.2)


ps. please tell me.. did VLC improve subtitle ( such as MKV, etc)

:shok:

dunno I don't use mkv files.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:00 AM.