Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13, 2008, 04:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default CCC problem

So yea, i been hearing 8.7 catalyst perform better then 8.8. So i looked around and saw that Driver cleaner pro was a good way to clean the drivers out of my system. I clicked to remove all the ATI drivers,after it was done i restarted then installed 8.7 catalyst. For some reason i cannot open CCC. here is a screen shot of what happened. http://i38.tinypic.com/fceu1.jpg . My display drivers and everything else works fine, its just the CCC (please someone advice fast, without my custom profile my card is running 86C... it might not be bad but i don't like my card running that hot lol). Never mind fixed the problem. mods can delete this post if they like
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"

Last edited by Dar_ell; September 13, 2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old September 13, 2008, 05:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Maybe you can tell us what you did to fix the issue. Could help others :wink:
Old September 13, 2008, 05:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Alright first i ran around crazy cause i thought i had to reformat. Then i tried uninstalling everything and w/e and installing 8.8, it didn't work. So i looked on google, no good answers (surprisingly). Then i went into C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-7_vista64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_66000\Bin64, and tried the install manager. i don't remember it fully but after trial and error of installing and uninstalling everything ATI on my computer it worked.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"

Last edited by Dar_ell; October 11, 2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old September 16, 2008, 03:30 PM
Rookie

Trial and error rocks!
Old September 17, 2008, 10:52 PM
Allstar

It works for Microsoft :D