Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   O/S's, Drivers & General Software (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/)
-   -   Did M$ go out of their way to break GMail with the last update??? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/o-ss-drivers-general-software/10031-did-m-go-out-their-way-break-gmail-last-update.html)

sswilson September 12, 2008 03:36 PM

Did M$ go out of their way to break GMail with the last update???

Grrrrr.........

I've been using GMail as my main account since I moved (needed an on-line addy for the transition). Everything was fine under IE until this week's M$ security update, and now I'm getting an error trying to access (goes away after two attempts to get to the Gmail site).

Are they trying to force me to take up hotmail rather than GMail???? Sorry folks, but if it continues I'll just switch my browser over to FF from IE. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

cadaveca September 12, 2008 03:37 PM

Um, my wife's box has this problem ,has had it for many months, but mine does not. Sometimes she can go a week without seeing it, but other times it's every time. It's not the update, for sure.

Eldonko September 12, 2008 03:40 PM

Working fine on FF, could be an IE issue I suppose, since I never had 1 issue with FF and gmail at this point.

sswilson September 12, 2008 03:42 PM

Hrmmmmm

Well, I do regular updates (at least weekly) and I've been using GMail paired with IE for the last 2 months without seeing this problem until after the latest update. Maybe Google is doing something.... maybe has something to do with their new browser???? :ph34r: :blarg:

sswilson September 12, 2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldonko (Post 88801)
Working fine on FF, could be an IE issue I suppose, since I never had 1 issue with FF and gmail at this point.

Yeah, the GMail faq suggests either using a different browser, or reverting to an earlier version of gmail.

cadaveca September 12, 2008 03:50 PM

lol cookie issue, IMHO. Mine is still fine in IE, just installed defender update, others were done tuesday.

CTA September 12, 2008 04:55 PM

O_O

same here... no problems with surfing gmail via IE7

btw... honestly ie7 loads gmail is much faster than FF and opera... i dont know why...

Jack Rabbit September 12, 2008 05:12 PM

From a security perspective it would not be a bad idea to use a seperate browser for your personal mail and private websites (like banking). You could give Chrome a shot... I think there is little chance that GMail will ever have problems in Chrome. :bleh:

sswilson September 12, 2008 05:43 PM

I don't do internet banking other than credit card purchases, and even those I'm not particularily fond of.

I figure I should get some kind of real person to person service for all of those nickle & dime service charges the banks like so much.... :)

Jack Rabbit September 12, 2008 06:09 PM

and here I thought I was the only one left on this continent with that opinion