LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 20, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oksir View Post
Ironically, the owner of this post owns an AMD system
I got myself a nice Intel setup for around $600 AR, taxes, and shipping.

I'll change the links to NCIX, or as Gav said, to Price Compare when I can.

@3.0. I shoulda asked modoheo first before I posted the thread. I'll take it down if he doesn't like his thread here. However, it could also be that he just copy and pasted it from another member from a different member. We won't know the details unless we ask.

I just thought that it might help people who are completely new to building their computers. You don't have to read it if you don't want to, but to me, it can be a great start for newbies who are doing their first DIY.

As for the watercooling statement, don't hate me. Some people might want to stop at say 4.8Ghz.

Once again, if modoheo from AnandTech does not like this, I will edit the post and hopefully the mods can lock it and delete it.
Old August 20, 2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post

@3.0. I shoulda asked modoheo first before I posted the thread. I'll take it down if he doesn't like his thread here. However, it could also be that he just copy and pasted it from another member from a different member. We won't know the details unless we ask.

I just thought that it might help people who are completely new to building their computers. You don't have to read it if you don't want to, but to me, it can be a great start for newbies who are doing their first DIY.

As for the watercooling statement, don't hate me. Some people might want to stop at say 4.8Ghz.

Once again, if modoheo from AnandTech does not like this, I will edit the post and hopefully the mods can lock it and delete it.
LOL, this is in ur sig
" AMD Athlon 64 X-2 3800+ 2.4Ghz
Asus M2N-E
Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB 5-5-5-15
ATI Radeon X850XT 256MB 558/1266Mhz
Western Digital 250GB
OCZ GameXStream 600W
Creative SB Audigy 2
Sharp LL-172C-B "
Old August 20, 2008, 04:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Agreed, although I think it would be best to llink to our Price Compare so people can get the best deals and it's CDN pricing.
Gav, that's why you're the boss, and I just loiter around here. Better idea than mine.

@geokilla, there's a good fifty plus members on here everyday who do not mind giving advice on people's builds, and hundreds of lurkers who look and learn but never post. Every build is different, based on different uses, budgets and so forth. I can say that I've never built the same system twice for anyone, and my recommendations are hardly identical from build to build. I enjoy helping to educate others on this forum, and learning some new things myself in the process. I don't think it's possible to have a list like the one you've copied answer all the questions, and look at the grief you're taking from the AMD users who feel slighted.

/rant over. See you around the forums.
Old August 20, 2008, 04:18 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

I will make the same statement for both of your copied / pasted threads: if only you created both threads using your own words, and specifying that you saw a similar thread over at AnandTech, I would have been more lenient. But you didn't.
Old August 20, 2008, 04:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

Welp i am a Noob and i know this much if you want a system that fits you then you would be alot better off talking to builders such as charlie Capt vortex etc etc
As for me the information i got from other members on a one to one basis was and is invaluable!!!!!
I love the system the members here helped me get and it kicks major butt and is pefect for what i told them i was looking for.

And i don't think there is any way to future proof a system ,You get what ya can afford and you do your research and listen to people that know whats out there and what they can help you build at a good price:)
Old August 20, 2008, 04:28 PM
Rookie

I don't know why everyone is giving this poor guy problems, he only did a list of computer parts that are the best on the market right now. No one is making you to chose those parts. Are there better parts that should have been on the list, of course there is. Using that list you could probably make a decent build on whatever budget your on. AMD user get over yourself, the only reason he didn't add them in there is because of the greater performance of the Intel cpu's offer. Dont get me wrong AMD does have some decent CPU's out there but this is for performace not performace/price. I used to own a 5200 dual core cpu it was great, but no match for my E8500 or Q6600. It's a great list use if have to ignore it want to.
Old August 20, 2008, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oupavoc View Post
I don't know why everyone is giving this poor guy problems, he only did a list of computer parts that are the best on the market right now. No one is making you to chose those parts. Are there better parts that should have been on the list, of course there is. Using that list you could probably make a decent build on whatever budget your on. AMD user get over yourself, the only reason he didn't add them in there is because of the greater performance of the Intel cpu's offer. Dont get me wrong AMD does have some decent CPU's out there but this is for performace not performace/price. I used to own a 5200 dual core cpu it was great, but no match for my E8500 or Q6600. It's a great list use if have to ignore it want to.
apprently this post is copied and pasted.
Old August 20, 2008, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
LOL, this is in ur sig
" AMD Athlon 64 X-2 3800+ 2.4Ghz
Asus M2N-E
Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB 5-5-5-15
ATI Radeon X850XT 256MB 558/1266Mhz
Western Digital 250GB
OCZ GameXStream 600W
Creative SB Audigy 2
Sharp LL-172C-B "
Heard of parts came today and didn't build it yet?

@All. Can we just end the fight? If you don't like it, ignore it. If you just want a reference or something, then feel free to read the first post.

Let the mods and admins decide this...I don't want to start a fight or anything.
Old August 20, 2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Heard of parts came today and didn't build it yet?

@All. Can we just end the fight? If you don't like it, ignore it. If you just want a reference or something, then feel free to read the first post.

Let the mods and admins decide this...I don't want to start a fight or anything.
heard of updating sig?
Old August 20, 2008, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
heard of updating sig?
I'm the type who likes to update things AFTER everything's all good. In this case, I'll update the sig if the rig is mine and works. My sis and I still have to decide who's rig it is =.="