Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 23, 2008, 02:30 PM
Rookie

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. I noticed on the NCIX.com site that they will build & test the system for 50$, which is great since I won't have to find someone to do it here (which would probably be more money).

I did notice that the 64 bit version of windows is only 14$ more than the 32 bit one suggested. Would it be worth it to get the 64 bit or should I just go with the 32 bit?

Also, my mum is a bit paranoid about spending so much money on an internet website store. She much prefers a place she can walk into and look at. Are there any places that rate and compare sites like NCIX.com for reputation and stuff? Or anyone have any personal experiences with them?
Old July 23, 2008, 03:15 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Depends where you are located. But you can tell your Mother that I have bought over $10.000 of parts at NCIX over the years, and never had a problem.
Old July 23, 2008, 03:19 PM
Rookie

We're in Ontario, not far from Toronto.
Old July 23, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I'd stick to the 32-bit. No need in getting 64-bit for now!

As for your mum...Can we have a word with her? Nah, just kidding! If I were you I would check out the pricematch option that NCIX provides to see if you can get it any cheaper. A great site for checking prices would be our own HWC Price Comparison search engine. Type in the product that your looking for and it will find the cheapest for you!

Now as for her concern on spending this much money there....I think in this forum we are decent/honest enough with each other, when we recommend a product or a store for that matter. I think there are quite a few guys here who spend over triple or even quadruple that amount of money at NCIX.com, DirectCanada.com, tdDirect.ca, NXsource.com (these companies are all owned by the same person) so each and everyone of us will tell you it is legitimate. These companies provide you with the same great service, awesome prices and fast deliveries!

If you still wish to purchase this same machine in a retail shop somewhere, you can count on spending quite a few more buckaroos compared to buying it online.

Anyways, that was my $ 0.02

Ps. Save yourself the $ 50 and build the machine yourself...a lot more fun!
Old July 23, 2008, 03:41 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. Silver View Post
Ps. Save yourself the $ 50 and build the machine yourself...a lot more fun!
Heh, I would be tempted to if I knew what I was doing. I'm not completely computer illiterate, I've formatted my hard drives and reinstalled Windows XP before, and I've done some minor hardware stuff (switching video cards etc). But I really don't have the knowledge to build a computer from scratch, and I'd rather pay the 50$ and know it's set up and tested right, than screw something up and turn it into a major headache.
Old July 23, 2008, 03:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

But with all the information here and around everywhere it is "super-easy" and pretty much any issue you will come across can generally be easily answered by us.
Old July 23, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

I would get this: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...e=COOLERMASTER as a case..much better than the antec900 ..my opinion
Old July 23, 2008, 04:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If your mom doesn't want to buy from NCIX, then an alternative would be Canada Computers. They have various locations in Ontario so there might be one nearby.

And I'd get 64bit Vista just to have that future readyness. No sense in buying 32bit and then getting 64bit later down the road.
Old July 23, 2008, 05:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Vista 32bit is just fine for the time being.
Yeah, it would be okay. But everything is moving forward, not standing still. Dude I would go 64 bit. Everything with 64 bit vista runs mint. At least I haven't ran into any issues yet.

But like jdrom17 said........ for "future readyness. No sense in buying 32bit and then getting 64bit later down the road."
Old July 23, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzrah View Post
Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. I noticed on the NCIX.com site that they will build & test the system for 50$, which is great since I won't have to find someone to do it here (which would probably be more money).

I did notice that the 64 bit version of windows is only 14$ more than the 32 bit one suggested. Would it be worth it to get the 64 bit or should I just go with the 32 bit?

Also, my mum is a bit paranoid about spending so much money on an internet website store. She much prefers a place she can walk into and look at. Are there any places that rate and compare sites like NCIX.com for reputation and stuff? Or anyone have any personal experiences with them?
If you added up the amount of cash that the Members have spent at NCIX or DC or 1 of the other sister-site the amount would surprise you.

B.B.B.'s rating
BBBOnLine Seal Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton