Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2008, 08:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you're not planning on overclocking an AC7 pro should be fine on a quad. Same goes for fans... if you're not planning on overclocking, the pre-installed fans on the case should be fine, but they are a bit loud when compared to after-market "silent" ones. (Welcome to the forums BTW!!! :) ).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 19, 2008, 08:47 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
If you're not planning on overclocking an AC7 pro should be fine on a quad. Same goes for fans... if you're not planning on overclocking, the pre-installed fans on the case should be fine, but they are a bit loud when compared to after-market "silent" ones. (Welcome to the forums BTW!!! :) ).
Thanks for the welcome Wilson! I'm not planning on overclocking (perhaps in the future) so I will stay with the basic case fans for now. I can always get a new/extra fan later on...
I do, however, want my PC to be safe and stable so "should be fine" can be a bit tricky hehe.
Old July 19, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Thanks for the quick reply JDRom! It's the OCZ Vendetta, not the 2nd version. The 2nd version is getting pretty expensive (another 10 on top of the Vendetta).

As for the case fans, I might start with one Scythe S-FLEX. Is it possible to put a Scythe S-FLEX up top of a Cooler Master CM 690? And is one of those enough to start with? By the way, there are three different versions. The 800, 1200 and 1600. Which one will do the trick? Prices are the same...
Yeah, i have the 690...and i put in Slipstream 1200's. Two up top(well..1 SS and 1 CM), one SS in lower-front, one SS on the side panel, stock CM on bottom(blowing up) and one SS in back. Here's 3 pics of mine(yes the TT 120 is on an angle on the TRUE ).

The bottom fan has a bracket for up to 140mm, so the 120mm moves around(screws wouldn't line-up)..so i wedged a small piece of wood in there.

You'll love the case.
Old July 19, 2008, 09:10 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome Wilson! I'm not planning on overclocking (perhaps in the future) so I will stay with the basic case fans for now. I can always get a new/extra fan later on...
I do, however, want my PC to be safe and stable so "should be fine" can be a bit tricky hehe.
It will cool your CPU much more efficiently than the stock Intel one, as well as providing a much quieter experience. As such it will be a great upgrade when compared with the one that ships with the proc. :)

I said "should be fine" because it's not the best choice these days for an overclocked quad, however I have run my Q6600 overclocked with it and the temps were well within acceptable limits. (Just not for pushing an OC really high).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 19, 2008, 09:12 AM
Rookie

Hehe, thanks for the reply and the lovely pictures Tanker! Unfortunately, I didn't get everything you just said so I need your help a bit more specified. If I wanted to buy one SS 1200 to start with, where would you suggest I place it? And the case has 3 build-in fans right? Where are those positioned?

Thanks!
Old July 19, 2008, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Hehe, thanks for the reply and the lovely pictures Tanker! Unfortunately, I didn't get everything you just said so I need your help a bit more specified. If I wanted to buy one SS 1200 to start with, where would you suggest I place it? And the case has 3 build-in fans right? Where are those positioned?

Thanks!
There's one "clear" blue LED in bottom front. One 120mm on side-panel, and one 120mm on back.The front blue LED is almost useless, and since the HDD bay sits in front of it, one of the other stock fans "at least" should go there to cool the HDD(s). I would have one CM in the stock side-panel... to hit the GPU/NB, etc. I would put the 3rd CM in the top-back position blowing out... to suck out the heated air after the HS/F. I would use the one SS fan as exhaust on the back..right after the HS/F as well.