Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 18, 2008, 10:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

The Silencer is dead quiet. The 80mm fan is actually a good thing because then there is less space being taken up by the fan, so there can be more room for heatsinks (at least thats what PCP&C says, but with how quiet the PSU is, I completely believe them). Any P45 board should be fine for CF. I've heard lots of good things about the ASUS P5Q, especially with it overclocking Q9450/X3350's. And I said about the fans because with a fan controller they can be extremely quiet. Delta's are well made and their low speed fans usually scale fairly well with lower voltages (the high speed ones usually have some annoying clicks and other annoying sounds). But the S-Flex fans are extremely quiet and move a decent amount of air for the noise level. The Yate Loon's from Petra's Tech Shop are also nearly identical to the S-Flex fans (move a bit more air at every noise level). If you can order them from the US (with USPS for shipping) they would probably cost about the same, maybe less.
Old July 18, 2008, 10:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

Which model of Yate Loon's ? I have some already at home.. cheap one time @ NCIX picked up 3 or 4. I used to have a 60mm Delta "Screamer" back in the early Athlon XP days. That thing took a chunk out of my finger nail one time when I was poking around in there. I'd also rather not have to deal with customs if possible. I R CANADIAN. I was also considering the P5Q3 Deluxe but the Gigabyte was slightly cheaper (and normally I have to deal with budgets, not used to these no limit builds) I do want one of those 8800 G92 homemade custom ramsinks that Petra's was selling, so we'll see what happens.

Old July 18, 2008, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Those iandh ramsinks are so nice looking....mmmmmm. If you email petras they will ship to Canada.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old July 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

wc'ing the E8400 is not worth it; not enough heat load. A TRUE can fit the bill quite nicely. As for the board, I'm using the GA-X48-DQ6 and love it. I'm still tinkering with it, but ATM my QX9650 is stable at 8.5x 460MHz, for 3.91 GHz. Not bad for a Quad, with 2x 2Gb sticks.
Old July 18, 2008, 03:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterd View Post
Which model of Yate Loon's ? I have some already at home.. cheap one time @ NCIX picked up 3 or 4. I used to have a 60mm Delta "Screamer" back in the early Athlon XP days. That thing took a chunk out of my finger nail one time when I was poking around in there. I'd also rather not have to deal with customs if possible. I R CANADIAN. I was also considering the P5Q3 Deluxe but the Gigabyte was slightly cheaper (and normally I have to deal with budgets, not used to these no limit builds) I do want one of those 8800 G92 homemade custom ramsinks that Petra's was selling, so we'll see what happens.
The Yate Loons are the D12S-12's and if you get them shipped with USPS there wont eb any customs (I've never had any and neither have anyone else I know of that has ordered PC aprts and shipped with them). Petras will also probably put it as a gift. THey are also super cheap there, like $4 each when you get 4 I believe.