Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 15, 2008, 11:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Looks good. Just one question: why are you using the 160GB for your OS drive? That 640 is a beast! It would make one great OS drive.
Agreed. I tried my 640 as an OS drive...yowser. Awesome. Nice looking system Nex...i'm sure it'll rock for you.
Old July 16, 2008, 08:38 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

What RPM speed is the S-Flex?

I would also recommend you go with a single HD4870 for a 22" monitor. Just as a money saver.
Old July 16, 2008, 09:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'd hazard to guess he's LIKELY using the 1200 fans, the SFF21E model, since its pretty much the sweet spot for performance and noise. But we'll just have to see.

I second the question, what case is this going to be slapped into? I hope its something that will do justice to your rig, thats a nice setup you have there, DEFINATELY going to enjoy booting that baby up.
Old July 17, 2008, 09:56 AM
Rookie

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments. I forgot to put that in , it'll be in an Antec Nine Hundred case, with some modded holes to keep the power cables etc out of the main bay.

For the System drive, just wanted to keep it a manageable size, was actually looking at the Raptor 15GB, but I just can't deal with $1/GB lol

As far as the Scythe Ninja fan goes, I'm not sure about the RPM, but it is the SFF21F model (wanted the blue led to match the case.

Only going with the single GPU 4870 for the moment. I want to hook this baby up to a 42" Plasma with the Blu-Ray player and it should be enough.

I was previously buying from NCIX.com & Directcanada.com, but found infonec.ca locally and so far they have been great (prices & service)!

One other thing, I'm looking at the G5 laser gaming mouse (wired) any thoughts or suggestions?

Hopefully have this thing together by the weekend!!! :D

(and once I get her up and going, the NEXT step will be OCing)

Nex

Last edited by Nex; July 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old July 17, 2008, 10:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

AFAIK there's no Scythe fan that has LEDs, so you better check on that. By "Blue" I think they are referring to the model as each speed of S-FLEX is a different coloured box.

Last edited by JD; July 19, 2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old July 17, 2008, 11:21 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
One other thing, I'm looking at the G5 laser gaming mouse (wired) any thoughts or suggestions?

Nex
Several of the guys I play CoD4 with swear by the G5. Haven't tried it myself though.
Definitely stick with wired for gaming.
Old July 19, 2008, 12:12 PM
Rookie

yes you are correct, no leds on the Scythe fan, not that you need any more with the Nine Hundred.
Got the machine together and setting up my games... As far as the case goes, It's one HEAVY beast with all that stuff in it.

Also, it may be a bit too small for all this gear, especially with the heat sink, had to take out the side fan (Antec 1200 maybe in the future?).

but so far so good.

As for the G5, I started loving it (not literally-not into mice :P ) as soon as i plugged it in. Definitely recommended.

Crysis goes in tonight...