Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default looks good but..

Nice system but:

I agree with the idea of waiting a few more weeks for the GPU' ---you may find that you'll need the extra power down the road.

Plus if you want to watercool at some point with a different chip- the Cosmos seems to be a great case..

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:03 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I disagree; keep the lite-on. My last lite-on has burned over 500 dvd videos over 4 years and is still running strong in my kids' comp. It's true, some of the models have not been great, but I've had good luck with them and the price is solid.
1xAsus EAH3870 Top (stock clocking)
All air-cooled
3DMark06 score: 13880
Old May 28, 2008, 08:06 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

How can you look at all those nice parts and not get a GPU!
Old May 28, 2008, 10:37 AM
Rookie

LOL I know I know. Well actually I am not looking at them yet, just look at the emails that there sending me. So far, price match has been accepted, and payment has been verified. I will probably get my video card from a computer store near me called B-Com once my parts come in and I have the build done except the video card. You should know the store Eldonko as they have one in Calgary to. There prices are pretty good on certain things.
Old May 28, 2008, 11:43 AM
Allstar

..Your not going to buy a good soundcard so you have the best sound in your games and everything else? This system will probably play games really good once you decide on a GPU....don't ruin the experience of a new PC with bad sound!!
Get a soundcard. -correction, get a GOOD soundcard.
Old May 28, 2008, 11:51 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I've never once added on a soundcard, using onboard offerings....just got the maximus extreme and I cannot believe the difference. The supreme fx II (included) sound so amazing compared to anything I've used before....I'll be adding on decent soundcards to all my media/gaming machines from now on as well.
1xAsus EAH3870 Top (stock clocking)
All air-cooled
3DMark06 score: 13880
Old May 28, 2008, 12:02 PM
Allstar

..Isn't the The supreme fx II just a onboard with a riser/extension card, this card cannot be used on another mobo right? No matter how good onboards sound they still cannot compare with the latest in PC audio add-in cards. Not even close. Usually people who use onboards are totally blown away when they hear the quality produced by a good add-in card. ANyway, not trying to change the subject But long story short -Get a soundcard for your new rig.
Old May 28, 2008, 01:07 PM
Rookie

Ya I was planning on getting a sound card but right now I am using a $50 sound system because the one I had with my last computer is shot. So I don't even know if it's worth it getting a good sound card when my sound system I am having to use at the moment. But is there a good sound for the money that if I were to buy one. I don't really know much about sound cards to be honest.
Old May 28, 2008, 03:58 PM
Allstar

You can get a few card for great deals these days if you know what to buy. Good luck with your new build.
Old May 28, 2008, 09:54 PM
Rookie

Well mostly everything has shipped. The Power Supply I guess is out of stock, which is weird because it said it was in stock when I ordered it. And whats even weirder is the item that was out of stock shipped. LOL